612's parking sensors - malfunction | FerrariChat

612's parking sensors - malfunction

Discussion in '612/599' started by Makuono, May 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Hi,

After almost two months without driving the 612, by first time I started the car, it warned me about the parking system malfunction. Already tried to reset the car (reset cycle) and continues the same.

I don't think it is battery related since it's battery has 1 year old, its always kept on the tender and even after 2x trips (±300kms) the warning is still there.

I think it probably is some loose connection on a sensor. Is it possible to remove one by one and check the wiring without removing the bumpers? how are they hold in place? By clips?

Thank you.

2. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Finally had some time to look at the sensors malfunction. Detected that one of the front sensors isn't working (emits no sound).

Will it work if I change the broken sensor with a new one or the ECU must be connected to the dealer's computer in order to program it?

Thank you

3. Allazurra

Allazurra Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    The sensors and the system are the same as on my maserati quattroporte, cheapest option is to get the volvo sensor #30765108 and order some matching paint for your car. I put 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear on the sensor. With the QP you have to take the bumper off. Than unclip the old sensorof the bumper and wire, reinstall the new sensor, put the bumper back on and that’s it. For the price of 1 ferrari/maserati sensor you can easily get 4 OEM volvo sensors and they even go for less than €30 for 4 on ebay.