$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 4re Nut, Jul 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    they dont shoot plugs like the 5.4 triton ?

2. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #77 FerrariF50lover, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Your posts are very funny. How much whp does your truck put down? How much torque. The nice thing is these trucks are putting down over 1000lbft at the wheels with an airbox exhaust and tune thats what makes them insane to pull with. Im sure your truck would be look SILLY pulling a big horse trailer or a big boat and your gas milage would reflect that.

Again your missing the point. Your looking at this from the aspect of a toy truck. When these trucks are nothing but work trucks and there towing capacity shows that. A lightning was never a good tow truck, Im a big ford fan theres a reason why you see lightnings on trailers being towed by F350's and not the opposite.

3. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I towed tons of cars on my car trailer though the Pocono mountains, up and down hills, instant power 1/2 way up the hill unlike a diesel that is crawling by the top of the hill with the accelerator mashed all the way to the floor.

4. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #79 FerrariF50lover, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    I see you missed the part of how much whp and torque does your truck put down. Your delusional if you think your truck pulls better then a diesel truck. Towing is all about torque not peek horsepower. You are aware that most diesels make atleast 600lb feet of torque. If you think you can out off idle torque a modern diesel truck your insane. I guess they should switch to big toyota motors in big rigs oh wait they like torque. You have no idea what you are talking about so trying to talk to you about this is a waste of time for both of us. Id really like to see your truck TRY and tow 22,000 lbs.

5. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    When I worked for a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership, I optioned a MegaCab up to $100K. Every option period.

_J

6. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How was that even possible? You must have included dealer-installed options because there's no way you can build a MegaCab up to $100k from the factory.

7. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guy I work with has one and he's never had a single issue with the V-10. He uses his Power Stroke do to all of the heavy work around his farm, though. The V-10 just sees horse trailers and other light duty.

8. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    good to know. i had a 5.4 i puked as a result. 2 plugs were enough - wasn't waiting for moonshot number 3.

from what i am seeing, fords have a much lower resale value as a result. seeing plenty of f250's for sale cheap with low mile. read the description - 6.0 powerstroke.

found a couple v10 versions in the low to mid teens with low miles.

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That's a feature.

It spits them out when it's time to change them.

10. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    A 6.0 is a solid motor if you put some head studs in it.

11. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    ford service recommends a new head.......

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm just amazed the 5.4 has enough power to pop its plugs.

13. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I don't know how much my truck has I said above I need to get it tested. By no means am I trying to claim that my truck tows better than a diesel. What I am saying is my truck will tow everything that I need to tow and I will never be annoyed by the things that I hate about diesel, smell, slow, price.

I live in the finger lakes. It's all hilly here. diesel sucks here. I remember one fire dept buying a diesel ambulance and by the time it made it up the hill to the hospital it was literally doing 20 mph with the sirens on and the lights going. It was an embarrassment IMO

By the same token of Toyota motors in big rigs, why don't they put diesel motors in all police cars and all ambulances? Thats how I drive and if you put a diesel motor in a police cruiser the cop would probably end up in a nut house pretty darn quick from the lack of power. I guess one persons definition of power and another's persons is different.

14. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    #89 henryr, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    i thought it was pretty stout power wise. just completely unreliable.

15. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I dont understand they diesel motors going up a hill. This is where torque would shine. You are failing to realize what torque is all about. It shows you know nothing about horsepower when you have no idea how much your truck puts down. Furthermore the new trucks with bolt ons put down 500whp not 500 at the crank like yours and way over 1000lb feet of torque if you think thats under horspowered I have no further points to make. You are also aware that most diesel trucks get quite a bit better milage then their gas counter parts. Theres a reason why europeans like diesels so much.

16. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    isnt HP a fucntion of torque ?

17. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    LOL, yeah that thing is a dog. I took one from the dealer one day and I was just disgusted that Ford would even offer for sale such a slow POS. I actually asked the sales guy if they put limiters in their trucks for test drives. Mash the throttle and just nothing, there was Nothing there at all.

18. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I have already said, I live in the sticks, I am sick right now, I just bought the truck, I will get a dyno done when I am feeling better and I want to drive 150miles to get one done.

I don't care about gas milage

19. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Any pics of your truck?

20. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

The early Ford V-10s have exhaust manifold problems, amongst other things, very expensive fix, my bro just dumped his V-10 boat anchor.. I wouldnt touch a used one....

21. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    #96 BLT2DRIVE, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    I was in having a brake job done(first time @ 220,000 mi.). & oil change. (17 + qts.) The big trucks are so over-built that with care and maintenance will really last. It sits generally in underground parking except on track day or race weekends. I had a Suburban that was getting used up in short order... I put brakes on that think every few months, just a couple of trips hauling an enclosed trailer around. When the tranny made a few noises, I dumped it and went and bought the biggest, baddest hauler I could find... at the time. Now they have the 450's, 550's, 650's, GM Top-Kicks, Kodiaks, ect... but while at the dealer the other day I peeked at a new 450 Dually... $85,000. I can buy a nice used ZR1 and still have my "old" truck to haul toys around with. BTW, it looks like new because it's never parked out in the sun except on trips... It still had that new car smell inside until about 170,000 mi. since the sun doesn't out-gas the interior plastics.. P.S. I got the last of the ones made with the killer 7.3 Navstar engine... runs like a top..

22. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    I have become much, much dumber by reading this thread.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Most ambulances and firetrucks are diesel...at least in the Atlanta area. And in the 'rest of the world', a high percentage of law enforcement vehicles are diesel

24. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Think San Fransisco, that is how hilly it is around here.

25. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've had all kinds of trucks from the big three. Never bothered with the imports because I have always needed a truck that can haul/pull 10-15kpnds cross country.

Stephen, sounds like you have the truck you like. Thats great sir, remember not to talk down about diesels. I can guarantee you that if you hook up a 10k load to your truck and try to keep up with my stock 3500 6.7 with 12k on the back of it, you will quickly figure out what other people on here have already stated.

I have been through TN, and KY several times thru the mountains with heavy loads and constant speeds of 70. (Never had to slow down uphill on steep grades)
    Diesels were made to do what gas motors cannot. There really is no reason to argue about it. Enjoy your trucks, Scott