$65k! 01 Ferrari 360 Spider "Euro" 28k, PPI just done! | FerrariChat

$65k! 01 Ferrari 360 Spider "Euro" 28k, PPI just done!

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by *fill-up*, Dec 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    #1 *fill-up*, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    We are selling a 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider with 28800 miles. It is a Euro car that was imported to the US in 01. The car has about 10 service records, and just completed a PPI at Contintal Ferrari along with repair of alternator/wiring. The only issues found with the car were rear brakes 60% worn, front brakes 70% worn, both outer tie rods, and damage on lower pass side of front bumper.

The car does have 32% wear on the clutch meaning it has about 68% clutch life left. There is previous paint work on the bumper and hood, but car shows a clean carfax and no frame/uni body damage so it may have just been a respray for rock chips.

We are asking $65,000 or best offer for the car. We have some room to move on the price, but not too much due to the work we put into the vehicle.

Call/Text 773-368-0555
    Phillip K.

VIN: ZFFYT53B000122408

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Sounds like a good price but you need to provide some basics about the car like color, options, F1/manual, etc. A picture would help too.

3. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    #3 *fill-up*, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry car is F1 transmission, Gray on Gray, and I will be picking it up from the Ferrari dealership in an hour or so, pictures will be up shortly after!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    #4 *fill-up*, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay so I found out when picking up the car that the odometer is in KM meaning the car ONLY has 17k miles! It drove amazing back from the dealership, and here are some of the photos I have of the car! (FYI brakes still stop on a dime, and there are no shakes/wobbles despite the tierods even at 80mph)

5. 05roadsterguy

05roadsterguy Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Snohomish
    Full Name:
    Herman
    On a car with such low miles I'm surprised no one has snatched this one up yet! Nice looking car and an unbelievable price.

6. ajroccaforte

ajroccaforte Karting

Jan 18, 2013
    Oak Lawn, IL
    Full Name:
    AJ Roccaforte
    Nice car, and nice pictures too! ;)

7. wfl4356

wfl4356 Rookie

Oct 10, 2013
    Gorgeous car, and I like so much the body style of the 360. Good luck !!!

8. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Why can't I find a coupe for this price with that many miles? This seems like a steal! Someone buy it and drive it!

9. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Ditto!

10. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    What is up with people putting aftermarket radios in these cars? Leave em alone. They have 8 cylinder radios from the factory that sound much better than Lady Gag-me screeching out some garbage.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So true, out of all the Ferraris I've driven over the years I've never turned on the stereo.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Little reminder....the 8 cyl (even an Enzo V12) is of no help when you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic which will happen if you drive them.

13. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Wow i paid 62,500 for my porsche a few years ago. Should've waited. GLWS

14. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Being a Euro spec Ferrari, would it pose any problems passing a smog test? Being a Euro import, should there be any DOT/EPA paperwork?

15. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Assuming it has a Title, there should be no problems with smog testing " outside of California ". Euro cars will have the name of the importer of record on a sticker / plate in the door jamb and could shed some light on when / how the car was imported and DOT/EPA paperwork. Not needed after the car has been registered, but nice to have !

My Euro was imported by Dick Fritz, whom I contacted after I purchased my car from a private party in Las Vegas ...extremely helpful individual who forwarded all EPA / DOT original paperwork.

Since then I've registered in the state of California and have passed our state's bi-annual smog inspection with " 0 " issues.

16. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    My experience here in the Peoples Republic of MA. VIN was not accepted at the MA RMV. Had to have a local police officer verify VIN and sign form. No other issues with registration.
    My 4 former Euro cars(2 Ferraris, 2 Porsches) passed MA smog with no issues. I had all DOT/EPA papers with the cars. Never needed any EPA/DOT documents to register or insure.

17. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    The car is sold, thanks for all the interest it was wholesaled back to a dealer in Texas for full price!

18. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have no connection to this other than seeing it online and being close to me.

2000 Ferrari 360 Spider $65000
    2000 Ferrari 360 Spider

19. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Wow back to a dealer full price. Outstanding! Yes The PRoMA has a billion hoops to jump through. My dealer didn't sign the title. Got sent back home to get it signed. Fedex then called. Dealer wrote "twenty-nine, five" as 29,500! It was only 2950! Luckily I have a friend at the RMV. We made an appointment, got an affidavit drafted and boom I was done. They did a full respray and all exterior belts and hoses. It's going for timing belt in Februarary. My new MA title is at home all crisp and clean. :)

20. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Lady Gag-me?
    Why would you listen to that?

I can think of other things, the engine first, but after awhile, I can listen to some Dire Straits (think 'Love over Gold'), Steve Winwood, Miles Davis, etc.

21. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    That is pretty dang good deal, and I was thinking I sold mine too cheap!

2000 Ferrari 360 Spider

22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Looks great. How long did it take to sell?

23. annairwin

annairwin Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Look good in silver grey and also have good config..