'67 S - One owner, First paint! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

'67 S - One owner, First paint!

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Aug 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

My kind of guy... Very cool and good for you! :)

2. emmodg

emmodg Rookie

Apr 4, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    J.B. McClure III
    2002's, FJ40's, early 911's, and even SC's and God forbid mid-years and Targas are being exploited to their utmost in this bizarre market.Ambiguous yet accepted catch phrases like "first paint", "survivor" and "restoration quality" have become selling points. High production numbers seem to hve taken a back seat when market values are tossed around. This S appears to have around $200,000 optimistic market-driven hype.

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Negative ghost rider.

67Ses are now in the mid to upper $300s. Recently one sold for $400k....

4. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    @09scuderia, thank you, and, the 400$ S was a restored One, here we Talk about a unrestored, First paint One ;-)

I am Not in a hurry with this Beauty.

5. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I think the alluring part of these "VW Bugs" as someone here put it, is that they don't breakdown every 5k miles, or need a complete engine rebuild after 10k miles, and you don't lose 50% of your value if you don't change your timing belts every 2 years. In fact they quite happily go 100k miles without looking at the timing chains. These cars are incredible pieces of engineering and deserve some respect.

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I just don't get it... I can't believe the values of some of these older Porsches

7. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Ask what a real 901, or '64 built 911 is.

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Ok then.
    What have the actual selling prices been of a '64 901?

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    This "original paint" car just like an ultra low mileage car have desirable traits that some people are willing to pay big bucks for. There are lots of people who spend a lot of money on things a lot worse than old cars. The thing about these cars is after you own one what do you do with it? In the case of the ultra low mileage car if you drive it then it is no longer low mileage and looses a great deal of its value, same principal with the original paint, if something happens and you have to repaint it then it's no longer original paint.

10. Marius

Marius Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Germany/Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marius
    Where did you source the car, if I may ask? Some of the pictures have definitly not been made in Austria.

11. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Pics have all been taken in the U.S. The car is still located in the U.S. I wonder if the seller has even seen the car himself???

12. 930FAN

930FAN Rookie

Mar 20, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    FrankD
    Saw this car in a garage in SoCal. Could have made an offer to buy but already have one. Was owned by a dealer who was thinking of selling it earlier this year . Seller is at least 3rd owner. I did not think it was driver ready at the time. Do love the color however.

13. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Hello Guys, the car is in US, yes.
    A real 901 (no car on the market) would be around 800-1M $, for one of the real '64s (important if matching numbers with the engine or not) I would think 200$ less.
    From the '64 are at the Moment 2 or 3 for sale, all not matching numbers.

14. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yikes. My buddy has a 67, 71 and 92. The 92 has been repainted but the other two are original.

Original paint has to be weighed against overall condition. Its no fun to buy a car that needs all the oil lines replaced and the wheel bearings are frozen.

15. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    @learn60man, the 67, what is original for you?

16. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    "This S appears to have around $200,000 optimistic market-driven hype."

I agree. These prices are silly and soon enough the bubble will burst and cold, hard reality will set in for the poor buyer.

17. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  18. PollosHermanos

PollosHermanos Karting

Sep 25, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like about a $45k car....

19. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Interesting that the car is polarizing so strong.

20. ND Flack

ND Flack Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    DC
    Amusing to see people looking for rational explanations in the classic car market :)

Market price is, and always will be, what the buyer is willing to pay matched with what the seller is willing to accept...

21. emmodg

emmodg Rookie

Apr 4, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    J.B. McClure III
    The "....whatever someone is willing to pay..." theory of market pricing is a tired and increasingly antiquated theory. There is waaaaaay too much information available at the click of a mouse now regarding market pricing for ANY given vehicle. Scarcity and production numbers are easily acquired. A seller of any collector car must compete FOR a buyer now.

Perhaps it should read: "It's worth whatever the Internet says it's worth."

22. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke

The difference in today's buyer as opposed to the pre-internet buyer is today the buyer has more resource at his fingertips and less of an excuse if he pays to much, like you pointed out.
    The internet works in favor of raising prices and lowering lowering prices equally. Just more information for every body to use, buyers and sellers. And now we have a global market made by the internet easily accessible for everybody, so a bigger market for everybody.
    But Nothing fundamentally has changed in the concept of market supply and demand, except a bigger market for everybody.
    And nothing has changed in the price being set by what a seller is willing to take and a buyer is willing to pay. That concept still holds true.

23. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    I am sure this is the only car on the market in this condition, worldwide!
    I am also sure it is a mistake to sell it, but...

24. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  25. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent