6x Challenge Stradale Cornes Edition photoshoot | FerrariChat

6x Challenge Stradale Cornes Edition photoshoot

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mikestradale, Nov 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, you read that right. 6 of the 25 Challenge Stradales Cornes Editions, in one car collection in Denmark.

Photoshoot: http://www.ferroni.dk/6x360cscornespic
    Article: http://www.ferroni.dk/6x360challengestradalecornes

Article translated from Dannish to English by Google translator:

"6 X FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE STRADALE CORNES

Full 6 copies of the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes have found their way to an extremely exclusive private Danish collection - and with only 25 produced copies, it became a historic meeting with the 6 fantastic Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes.

We have previously had the exclusive pleasure and meet the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes, which for many is an unknown model. The beautiful and exclusive Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes differs only from a standard 360 Challenge Stradale, which is definitely one of Ferrari's most amazing models ever.

In 2004, the Japanese importer and dealer of Ferrari could hold its 25th anniversary - and in what other way do you order 25 unique copies of 360 Challenge Stradale to its selected customers. Of course, the models were named Cornes - and in conjunction with the Ferrari factory, the cars were fitted with identical exclusive details.

All of the 25 Cornes specimens are equipped with the classic beautiful red color. Additionally, more unique details are added - most eye-catching is the White Challenge grill that clearly indicates that this is not a standard Challenge Stradale. White symbolizes different things for the Japanese - and when it comes to cars, white is extremely popular. Additionally, a white disk was added in the rev counter, carbon tank cover, carbon center console, gold-colored brake caliber, carbon shift padles, rear wheel name plate and not least Michael Schumacher's right-hand signature. All Cornes specimens were fitted with the original "Tricolore Strip", as only a small part of the Challenge Stradale models came from the factory, as not everyone could see the idea of it. Today, Challenge Stradale models with the strip are highly sought after by connoisseurs, as it became a hallmark of both Stradale, Scuderia, Special and last Pista.

Being able to experience 6 copies of Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes side by side - and even in Denmark - can be said to be extremely exclusive. It is doubtful that so many Cornes models have been side by side since production and delivery back in 2004 - but thanks to the owner's great passion for the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes, this has succeeded.

The owner of the collection has been on an intense hunt for the six copies. All cars have originated from Japan, but some of them have been around other European countries such as England and Spain over the years. At present, it is doubtful that there are copies in other EU countries other than Denmark they are found with a guarantee not in the number here. The six copies now stand side by side and form part of an extremely impressive private Danish collection, where only the finest models are handpicked there.

There is no doubt that we love Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes. The many exclusive features that characterize the Cornes models have together created a unique design that shows both Challenge Stradal respect for the standard version, while also daring to mark its Japanese dna. A big thank you to the owner of the six Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Cornes models to contribute to this article and related gallery.

Engine: 3.6 liter V8 with 425 HP at 8.500 rpm

Achievements: Top speed of 300 km / h and from 0-100 km / h in 4.1 seconds"

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Very very nice. Years ago I actually acquired some parts from a track crashed Cornes edition. It had a Michael Schumacher signature/sticker or painted on the carbon door panel behind the lacqure. Lots of interesting features like gold calipers, etc. Only thing I could never get my head around was the white painted rear challenge grille. Other than that very nice..

Pics are fab!

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Never heard of these. Thanks for sharing the info and pics!

4. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    But all of them are on Swedish plates!
    S/N: 138724, 138726, 138731, 138733, 13875, 138757

5. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    Mikestradale likes this.
  6. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, all 25 cars have the Schumacher autograph under a clear coat.

of2worlds and NürScud like this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes that's it. I still have that panel in my attic :)

of2worlds and RANDY6005 like this.
  8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just in case anyone's interested...

I've converted the Michael Schumacher signature found on the doors on the Stradale into a Roland Cut Studio format (for cutting on Vinyl) as well as an SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic) so you can get your local vinyl cutter to cheaply make one for you in any size/dimensions you like...

Since I don't have the door panel with me if anyone reading is a Cornes owner can you measure the length and width of the original? If not when I go back to my other property I will dig out the panel and do it then...

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

9. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Great topic, Mike!
    Thanks for sharing!

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #11 360trev, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Finally got around to setting up the old vinyl cutting machine... have owned this for a few years now, actually since I did the stencils for my calipers :) coming in useful again Image Unavailable, Please Login

FORZA 62 likes this.
  11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    slracing, Bas and Mikestradale like this.
  12. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Michael B and 360trev like this.
  13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Thank you Mike.

I've tried to make it as easy as possible for you to make one yourself as I've given you even the cut studio file. Youll just need to reduce its size to something smaller, I used 50% reduction on size I defined in file and it works really well. It's a scalable file so you can go as big or as small as you want...

Mikestradale likes this.
  14. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks. I have saved the files on my computer.

360trev likes this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wow would love one of these decals if you happen to make extra, I’ll buy!

Sent from my 16M

360trev likes this.
  16. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FORZA 62 and 360trev like this.
  17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Bas likes this.
  18. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Can't get past the rear grille o_Oo_Oo_O

360trev likes this.
  19. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I know, if they had done the wheels white and kept that challenge grille standard I would have thought it was mega. Had they ditched the Cornes floor mats and fitted a proper Michelotto style rear wing and front splitter I would have Loved it... ... Easily the Japanese market could have taken those options no problem...

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  20. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Easy fix, buy a spare black grill and put the white one back on when you wanna sell it.

The white grill makes a lot of sense for the Japanese market though. It kinda looks like their flag :)

slracing, 360trev and BAD430BENZ like this.