720 S SOLD OUT FOR 2017/2018 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

720 S SOLD OUT FOR 2017/2018

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by gtjoey, Aug 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Agreed, unbelievable improvement over the last generation. Got mine a few weeks ago and just love driving it.

Gh21631 and of2worlds like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think I like this thread better than the 488 vs 720 comparo. Should have known better being in a Ferrari forum although I have one of those as well. My 720 is very similar to Marks. Launch Edition in Memphis red and I cant say enough about this car. I was able to do a nice road trip yesterday - about 350 miles and what an experience. I cant imagine how bad ass the LT will be. Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That’s a beauty. The performance is really something with the car. Makes you feel flattened when you floor it, then you look down and you’re going 150.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thanks, I am really enjoying it.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The 720 is the only car that has gotten me excited, since the F40 and CS. I am planning my garage set up as we speak! :)

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You wont be disappointed. There are a lot of haters on this forum but anyone with an open mind will appreciate how incredible this car is. I cant wait until I have an opportunity to push it harder which will probably be a few months or so when the weather improves.

7. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I think mine comes in this weekend!
    Its a game changing car for the entire industry.
    You will be very happy.
    Drive it baby!
    GTJOEY1314

ekovalsky likes this.
  8. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mine is due to arrive late Jan or early Feb, I'm getting excited!

I think the dealer demo car is still available from the dealership I went through, at least it is listed on Autotrader. It's almost identical to my incoming car (Lux, Glacier White, AZTan/Black) except it has some extra CF bits and ~ 3300 miles, higher MSRP of course but it would be discounted... I have thought about making an offer on it to get the car sooner. The 3300 mi is probably more than a year of driving for me, but I guess the way McLaren handles warranty it really doesn't matter?

McLaren seems to be at the top of their game in terms of engineering and design, and seems to have finally established a derivative and replacement cycle that should protect buyers from excessive depreciation a la 12C and 650S. But they really should upgrade their warranty and maintenance program to be competitive with Ferrari... that was almost enough for me to chose a 488 over the 720. It goes a long way in proving a manufacturer stands by their product, has faith in it, and does what it takes to maximize brand loyalty.

9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    There are several unsold 720s at dealers. They are not listed on site, but call and poof one will appear before you know it. Hardly 'sold out'. Dealer said I can have Feb build on a custom unit if I don't want what he has on floor. No relationship. Doesn't take away from car, but let's be real.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I haven't driven one yet, but the dealer brought me a 570S to spend some time in and it was hugely impressive. I can imagine that the 720 is in a completely different league.

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    February build gets you a car in which month? 4-6 months? I dont recall how long it takes to have one built and delivered. There are some sitting at dealers as demos and/or cars that were ordered and buyers didn't follow through. The problem is whether or not they meet the spec's you are looking for. The few I saw were Lux and I wanted the performance version and the carbon roof vs glass.

I got lucky, mine was an extra LE that came in and I happened to show up. It has more options than I would have chosen but otherwise perfect in every way for me.

12. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    A bunch of unsold ones just hit dealers last week and this week. NOT sold out--call around.

Dallas had like 3, Denver has 2 or 3 and so one so forth...

13. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful! What color is your 720S?

Is that your garage and are those all your cars in the background? If so, wow, nice collection!

14. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's great news for people who want to buy Top Gear's Performance Car of The Year! I took mine to Circuit of the Americas a few weeks ago and it was absolutely AWESOME! I knew it was fast and awesome on the road but it genuinely shocked me how brilliant (and fun!) it was on track.

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Our #1 Mac fan :rolleyes:

I thought it was 'sold out' though?

It's a good looking ride no doubt.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    A friend of mine just picked up a black one, it was literally coming off the truck and he was able to snatch it. I am hearing of certain dealerships selling over list especially on the west coast. I am not seeing that in my area though.

17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Left coast stealers...say it isn't so LOL. They will try and sell everything at over list--even Honda's--I kid you not. Worst place to buy a car.

18. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Silica white. Yes that’s my garage and cars. Thanks

of2worlds likes this.
  19. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Congrats! Nice car and nice garage! Love to see more pictures - especially the interior of the 720S.

20. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Does lamborghini require the purchase of a car you don't want to get the one you do?

21. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Generally not in my experience. The Centenario/Reventon I’d think yes, but the Huracan and Aventador likes surely not.
    Big Lambo dealers want to move cars. You might have a wait, but they burp out special trim versions all the time.

22. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I thought about a Performante and my experience was no. They were chomping at the bits to give me an allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk