75 Dino GT4 WIndshield and Carpet | FerrariChat

75 Dino GT4 WIndshield and Carpet

Discussion in '308/328' started by SamN, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    What started out as a carb rebuild has turned into a bare metal strip of the car. I found a rather nasty rust spot on the two front panel sections which led to this OCD journey. Thankfully Superformance has the panels in stock.

The windshield was cracked during removal. Can anyone suggest a supplier on the West Coast?

Cabin carpets should also be replaced so anyone with a recommendation would be appreciated.

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    depends on if you have the blue band or clear top of windshield

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ferrparts will probably have the blue band

4. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    Hi Mike,
    Just checked and it's clear. Superformance has them but would prefer someone in the U.S. I know this subject has been beaten to death but the rear trunk carpet is a Unicorn, correct? Mine is very tired but the checkered pattern is visible albeit worn.

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    yes the carpet is a unicorn. But dino parts does have them. be sitting down when you see the price. btw you have the early clear screen?

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ive just gone through three years of paint body engine hoses leather brakes etc. on mine. keep in mind that the premade panels more than likely wont fit as easily as you think. the panels on these cars were not as precision as german cars of the day. there is always variance and adjustments to make some times its easier for a shop to make theyre own

7. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    Yes, It's the clear screen. The panels i ordered are the very small lip panels. Hopefully won't be too painful.

8. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    Wow! I just checked out the rear carpets. I was sitting down but the 1,800.00 Euro price still made me vomit. I will be going with the current "patina" of the original set.

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I warned you.! do you have the gold or beige and black trunk carpet?

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So are you talking about the panels behind the front wheels? if so there is a inner support panel that will be rusted as well. and you know the rest

11. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    RE: Carpets - i cleaned mine and they came back to life quite well - and then reaffixed - so even if pretty bad worth a try.
    RE: Glass: reorginals.com (Texas) has the repro glass from Sicurvetro (~$1800), and MrFiat.com appears to sell the same glass (plus all the trim bits) - since the price is the same as it says 'scandinavian' I assume the Sicurvetro glass also, while Ferraripartsexchange.com in Sacramento, CA has a cheaper one ($990 - no idea who makes it).

12. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    Thank You Ian.