77 Year Old Woman, Fed Up With Comcast, Takes Matters Into Her Own Hands! | FerrariChat

77 Year Old Woman, Fed Up With Comcast, Takes Matters Into Her Own Hands!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I don't have Comcast, but I feel her pain. Hate these big companies...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html?hpid=artslot

"But Shaw said they failed to show up on the appointed day, Monday, Aug. 13. They came two days later but left with the job half done. On Friday morning, they cut off all service."

Looks like she wasn't the only one:

http://adage.com/garfieldtheblog/article?article_id=120338&search_phrase=comcast

The journalist now has a blog. Good reading.

http://comcastmustdie.com/

RMX

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Comcast blows donkey balls.

3. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    #3 Razzer92, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    1 year restraining order.......hmmmm.....what will she do in 366 days?!?!? :)

Felt like doing this many times.

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #5 PeterS, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have Comcast, and have had to deal with their Customer Service before (only once thankfully). They are terrible. When Time Warner ran things, they would try and assess and diagnose problems over the phone and through their computer systems. Usually resulting in a fix.

When I called, the guy just said "I'll go ahead and schedule an appointment for you, how is X day and time?" Thankfully the guy came at the exact time specified, and was very curtious and friendly.

Not a big deal, but still. I just don't really care for Satellite, my parents had it for a short while and I hated it. A friend of mine has it, and it occasionally goes blank/staticy and then comes back. Very annoying.

I just dont get how such a hated company can be so successful......obviously they're "in the know".

I forgot to add: GO GRANNY GO!!!

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    We've had the Comcast people come out. They completely messed up our entertainment system. We couldn't even get a DVD or VHS to work, even without surround sound. All they were to fix was the cable box.

We ended up having to bring out a crew from a home theatre store in our area to come out and fix the problem.

They have been absolutely terrible. In Arizona, we have COX for phone, internet, and cable. They are great and a pleasure to work with.

8. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Good for her. That's awesome.

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've had Comcast to my house no fewer than 6 times in the last 12 months. They still don't know whats wrong. In 3 days I'm jumping ship and going to fiber optic. We'll see how it goes.