7th Annual Car Show for Veterans Info | Page 2 | FerrariChat

7th Annual Car Show for Veterans Info

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Jun 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #28 Chelle, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks to everyone who came out, nice to see old friends and meet new ones :)
    Thanks for posting pics Andreas, I'm sure Kim and Haley will add some in a little while

the heat was killer... if it is like this next year I'm just going to put up a pool for us or something :)
    Haley actually ran to another show 10 minutes after we got home..

2. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    What a great event. Happy to see everyone and to meet some new people. Will post photos soon.

3. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Another great year in the books! Roughly about 220 vehicles. Right about the same as last year, and it was really hot out there today. With that many cars on a day like this means it is a show that will be a hit for a long time to come!

Thanks to all who could make it and those who were there in spirit. Super dash plaques as always.

It was wonderful to meet new folks and see friends again. A few new F-Cars in the mix...life is good. :)

My Best,

Haley

4. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Fantastic job with the pictures Andreas! We have to be careful with Veterans and photos of them. :) Thank you so much.

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Nice pics Andreas, I see you do love that fish-eye!

Danny, it was great meeting you and talking with you. Can't wait to see your pics; you do have talent!!

Skip

6. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Very nice pictures Dan.
    I have an idea for some shots at a future drive.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

You couldn't tell it from our pictures that 50% of all cars at the show were Vettes. ;)

8. porh

porh Karting

Oct 1, 2009
    Singapore
    haha love the storm trooper helmet

9. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Oh, is that what you'd like to see photos of? ;)

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Dan, great job as usual!

Andreas, I wonder if the great showing of Corvettes had anything to do with the 2010 Corvette winning 'Best of Show?' ;)

11. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    When I heard voting was open for all people I was rather suprised. And the result is what you said Skip, I am going to make sure they dont do that again.

12. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haley and Chelle, Thanks for letting us know about the show and we were happy to come out and support the troops, it's nice to be able to do something even if it's just one day. It would be our pleasure to help out again in any way that we can. Great weather, great turnout and a really nice assortment of cars. Great job

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Thanks Haley, some were stupified by the result, but it's understandable how the voting went. Kind of like Chicago politics I guess!

Myself, I don't care about awards and trophies but let the voting be legit!

I say send it back to the Vets, they're the ones we're there for!!! Let them be the only voters.

14. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    What's wrong with a Corvette winning? Although I would've expected an older one not a 2010. Veterans would probably have American pride and vote for the Corvette anyway :)

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Nothing, other than the fact that participants rather than just the Vets were allowed to vote. The largest group of cars there were Corvettes; how do you think the Corvette entourage voted? ;)