7xx LT | FerrariChat

7xx LT

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Jan 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So I was at the local McLaren dealer today goofing off and looking st paint samples as I’m on the list for the 7xx LT. More than likely I’m going to get this car. Will likely be a long term keepe for me as I want to start keeping cars but only LE versions.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the msrp will be? Spider is 315k. 340 seem reasonable? Then with options you cross the 400k mark?

Or you think it’s going to be higher than that? Already have a few color combos I’d like to do. Not Papaya Spark again- thinking of going a bit darker, more sinister...

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm hearing from dealer Dec '19 launch at Winter Ball. If so I'm going.

Will be $400k+ car optioned, mid 400's with crazy stuff.

Only really question is TRUE LE or Limited Production. I think Mac learned it's lesson on 600LT and at this price point won't screw up. They will make enough to fill the bank accounts, but few enough to keep demand. That is what GM told me...who knows...we'll all find out together.

3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What is the Winter Ball?

4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    SoCal to az likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So December 19 means it’s released essentially 2 years after the initial 720? Seems a bit early doesn’t it? I would have thought 4 years at least of the regular production car and then the LE. 400k I’m in. 500k? Nah....too many other cars I can get for half a mil.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Everything is talk at this point...take it for what you will. No one knows and will not know until come time.

aaronrgonz and SoCal to az like this.
  8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I will ... dealer is paying ;)

It's just a fun thing to do and if LT is being announced and true LE will be helpful.

$2k is a weekend of steak dinners SoCal--don't start on the pizza coupons on me LOL.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ll just have No one give me a review of what happens. Hahahaha!!!

Jo Sta7 and IPO1 like this.
  10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Agree. It will be a 400 car...I really hope LE and Mac plays the spread right.

Let's see what happens...a while out.

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    400 I’m good with. Any more I need to think about other potential options

IPO1 likes this.
  12. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Well worst case, the 720 replacement will be next up...so no need to stray too far :cool:

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    True- and that’s the perpetual dilemma- buy now or wait for refresh model. I can’t image the 720 replacement will stray too far from 720? They need to recoup their investment into tooling wtc

14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Higher HP, redesign, this, that...it's car biz.

All I know is I'm *ing sold on this car and anything moving forward can only be better.

I don't see myself buying another GT3RS and certainly no F car (as of today).

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s funny you mention that- I have a buddy who just sold his business- wants to buy a car. He came over and test drove both my Ferrari and 720. Has no interest in a Ferrari. Going to buy a 720.

Have another buddy who I work with- is going to buy a car. Was debating between 720 and Ferrari. Settled on a 720.

Not a single person in my circle of friends is considering any Ferrari- many are enthralled by the mclaren, those with the means are planning on adding mclaren to their garages.

My only reason for adding a Porsche would be to have a more low key sports car to the mix. I like having multiple cars to drive and I can see a 3rs replaying the 488 only because I can drive the 3rs to the office. 720 and 488, I can not.

IPO1 likes this.
  16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Boom.

My circle of friends are all about 720 at this point. Lambo, Ferrari and 3RS guys buying 720...know 2 more this week. It doesn't take much once behind the wheel. Tack on F and P car dealer BS and the curve tanks quick. #gamechanger

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    720S is absolutely a game changer. But 488 replacement will likely be amazing. Ferrari realizes the 720S is quicker than a Pista, trust me they’ll respond.

Btw, LT will be 450 or so in a good spec and 500 fully loaded and worth every penny for a car that can do 9.7 quarter miles and also crush lap records.

18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Every brand will continue to try and raise game. THAT is what is so great about Mac. Before then F car sat on they a$$ being arrogant. Now Mac is killing them and the tit for tat will begin. What makes this so fun. Still think Mac will be more aggressive even than 488 redo. Why because 720 replacement will come after it LOL.

7xxLT will smoke Pista, then F car will have their 488 replacement, then Mac will come out with 720 replacement to smoke 488 replacement. Having fun yet :)

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If the 488 replacement is better, I have no problem getting o e of those. The competition is good for us end users. However, I think the Ferrari will come up a bit short.

Think about this- the Pista, which is the limited edition Ferrari v8, their signature car isn’t faster than the 720. I know on some tracks it tested fast but overall it’s not faster. At best the car is equal to the 720.

The LT will destroy the Pista.

Ferrari is not investing in the carbon tub. All reports indicate that they will not to carbon. I didn’t think the carbon tub was a big deal but having experienced it, it’s a massive deal. It makes a huge difference and I’m a crappy driver but even I can tell the difference.

Ferrari is now a public company. This hinders them. They have to run their company quarter by quarter- Mclaren can take the long vision.

I’m a fan of Ferrari. I’m a fan of Porsche. I’m a fan of Lambo but more and more every time I go in the garage I end up taking the 720 out more than anything else.

Gary(SF), Jo Sta7 and IPO1 like this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree the carbon tub is a huge deal. Even on my slow i8 I can feel the difference.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'll do the winter ball. I'm always up for a boondoggle. I bet my dealer will spring for it as well.

aaronrgonz, SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Winter ball is too far away for me but I am going to the Mclaren factory on the 4th. Super excited for that.

23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Sweet! 4th of what?

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    February. Have a trip to Germany and then east coast so doing a stop over in London to do the tour. Super excited.

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Plenty of pics pls and super jealous.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.