80 miles of backroads on Saturday Apr 11 | FerrariChat

80 miles of backroads on Saturday Apr 11

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Webby, Apr 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #1 Webby, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm organizing a drive on Saturday April 11th. We'll be meeting at the Sears parking lot of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. Meet at noon and depart by 12:30.

We'll be getting lunch and taking a nice scenic route west of the city. 40 miles of curvy backroads... then 40 more on the way back :) I imagine the drive will be finished between 5-6 pm. If you are interested please reply here or send me a PM so I know to wait for you, and hope to see you in Schaumburg!

Attached is a picture of the route from last year. Really great road and relatively close to Chicago.

The group is not just Vipers, all cars welcome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can't make it on the 11th. But what's the route?

3. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I've been wanting to participate in something like this for a long time now. I'm not sure I'm available that day, but if things change I'll let you know. I'm in the northwest suburbs not to far from Woodfield. Where about are you heading from Woodfield.

4. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Rockford to Dixon and back. Look it up on google maps and you'll see that it looks fun even on a map :)

5. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm interested but I'll have to check and make sure. With Grandkids we always have something going on!

6. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I've driven from Dixon up Rt2 before. It was very scenic, but I don't recall it being all that great of a driving road. Are you planning some other roads or is Rt2 the main path?

I live north of Woodfield a bit, and grew up in Hampshire. I know a few fantastic farm land roads between Hampshire and Woodstock that are a lot of fun. I've tried to organize a drive into Hampshire to stop at the old Chick and Dip drive in. Maybe later in the year we can organize a drive starting from there or to there.

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Rt2 is the main road. I've seen much better roads south of Indianapolis and near Cincinnati but Rt2 is the best I've found near Chicago. Slim pickings around here. Let's stick to Rt2 for this one but definitely open to another route for next time!

8. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    I have heard Englewood has some killer roads.

9. 328Stuts

328Stuts Karting

Aug 17, 2013
    TN
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im in Rockford, I may meet up as you come through the area, let me know if some exact points or route if you have it

10. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry, not going to make it. Have to pick up the Harley.

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Just a bump for tomorrow. So far I'm expecting about a dozen cars.

I think there's a slight change of plans and we will be getting lunch in Schaumburg instead. We will still meet at the same place.

328Stuts - I am sending you a PM.
    speedsport - hope you can make it!

12. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sorry but I'm out. Really wish i could. Should be a great day. You might be traveling through some hard hit areas from the tornado last night. Please be careful and respectful of anything you might come across. I grew up in the area over there and hate to see what happened to some of the towns i drove through all the time growing up.

13. jphotography

jphotography Karting

Feb 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    john jiang