News

812 Allocations

Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by TNF, Jan 7, 2019.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jaz
    Whats the spec and color of the one in stock

2. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    In Australia they are still gold dust. Mine has finally gone into lockdown spec. Some kind of supply problem with RHD?

3. F12 Junkie

F12 Junkie Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2018
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Dustin Nelson
    Great discussion guys. I'm looking to purchase a preowned F12B this year.

Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Afton, MN
    Nice car for the money. Might be nice to order and get some richer colors in the interior, rather than "basic black" though...

5. ScottS

ScottS Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  6. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    First, the comments above should have answered your query well.
    Second I have purchased 5 new Ferraris so I have a little experience with the my local dealer (whom I like) as well as many other branded dealerships.
    In addition to the above comments, sadly one thing is in common to all dealerships: they are banking on people with little knowledge and hopefully even more money. The only reason you would have to buy the Lusso or another harder to sell car is just for that very reason. Ferrari SpA has lots of room to build cars that are not loved. Nobody is begging Porsche customers to buy Macans or Cayennes.
    I recently tried to replace my daily driver (a Golf R) with a leftover Audi RS3 that has been on the lot for 7 months. Dealer franchise - where I have purchased 7 previous cars from their various makes - and I spoke a few times. They asked me to put a number on the car where "we could do business."
    I explained to them what their car lists for, what it will likely be worth at 3 and 5 years from now, and showed them that my R was basically the same car (only better!) for 30% less new. I gave them a number a few K less than what they were asking for it. Never heard back from them. The point being, I knew more than they wanted me to.
    You now know what 812s can be had for and what they will likely be selling for a few years out. PLUS, any recession ( not that I want one) only knocks further down everyone's guesses.
    I hope you find a car you like regardless of price. They really are fun after the buying shenanigans are waded through. You would be surprised how much you forget after the first time you chase the red line in one of these naturally aspirated miracles.
    Best

F2003-GA, italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Well, some folks buy a Lusso or Portofino with express purpose of buying a Lusso or Portofino and they don't give a rat's ass for an allocation of 812 or whatever.
    Maybe they need a car they can use daily, in any weather or maybe they just like it better?

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jaz
    Very true and we respect them for that - But the culprit here is over production of those models and the dealers holding customers to ransom

9. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    There was a post in the 458 section many months ago. A VERY long term buyer of Ferrari's -maybe back to the late 70s (from my dealership) - detailing his experience in trying to buy a Pista. Without getting into all the specifics, this 360 CS and other currently Ferrari owning person requested what we now know as the Pista when the first 488 showed. He was eventually told, no way. All sold out to essentially "better" customers. Lo and behold, weeks later he is offered a Pista IF he buys a GT car. My buddy - another multiple Ferrari owner with a current Speciale - tried to buy an 812 with the idea of then flipping into a Pista. 812 allotment came up. Told he could not be assured of a Pista. He passed on the 812. He was then called several months later and offered a Pista IF he bought a GT car.
    THAT is what I mean by dealers' having to/trying to dangle a desirable car to get a harder to move car off the floor or fill an unclaimed allotment that is coming up.
    It has nothing to do with anyone who wants one of these cars on their own merit.
    Best

bagelboy and F2003-GA like this.
  10. Maynard G. Krebbs

Oct 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    craig k gaglia
    Sorry, somewhat new to all this. But, how is it that they [812] can be so many available as a Used 500+ mile unit and not New ones? is this some kind of market manipulation

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jaz
    Exactly manipulation