812 GTS Allocation | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I just finished my TM appointment at the factory yesterday but I have yet to place my deposit for my car. When my dealer receives the build spec from TM and we submit the build from the dealer end for production allocation, that's when my dealer will ask me for the mandatory deposit.

indiebekonn likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Congrats - it’s a great experience, though I’m finding the delay it adds very tedious! I was pretty shocked at the price but I think that is balanced by what a unique thing it is to have possibly the greatest ever car brand build a car exactly the way you want it!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    got it thanks
    That confirms info I had according to which US dealers still don't have their allocations

4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Spec’d my GTS yesterday, our own dark grey TM colour, gold wheels (gulp!), Terra Bruchiata Daytona sport seats with Tortora inserts and carpet, full carbon. The car looks so good. Need to get me some RayBan aviators and Brylcreem, head off to St. Tropez and it’s 1972 again! The car has an awesome 1970’s vibe the way we spec’d it and I reckon that really suits this car. It really feels like a modern day Daytona Spider. Our DP happens to be really excellent at helping his customers get to the right spec so shout out and thanks to him. My wife is also very good at knowing what’s right too - thanks wifey! Me on the other hand, I just wanna drive ‘em fast....;)

Bundy, JagShergill, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Sounds awesome! Can you share pics?

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Bundy, 635CSI, maxemus and 5 others like this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Was told no info, can’t spec or order...just get on a list.

9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Looks great. What interior carbon is that...matte? And is it brown or black? Hard to tell from the pics.

10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    This is mine. Trying to decide whether to go matte red carbon for interior. I think so but no doubt v expensive...
    - Grigio GTS (launch colour)
    - Full carbon interior and exterior
    - Bordeaux leather with race seats

Attached Files:

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very beautiful!

three thoughts:
    1- Painted shields- yes, they are expensive, but look fabulous on the 812

2- titanium wheel lugs I think will look better than the standard chrome ones

3- I think the CF in red will add to the richness on the interior, but I think the matte will give it a bit of a faded look and not as rich, I prefer the richer glossy for the GTS.

JagShergill, KarlA69 and maxemus like this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Supposed to be black gloss but I agree it looks matte in the renders.

13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    #63 [gTr], Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Such a classic and beautiful spec, I personally would go with only leather and metal in the interior and no carbon at all!

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I thought about that but my 812 coupe is a TM modelled on an old 166MM design and I did no interior or exterior carbon on that car (except seats and steering wheel, which was covered in leather). With the spider I didn’t have any paint striping so went with exterior carbon to keep things interesting. I wanted the interior to feel different from coupe to spider so carbon on the GTS it is.

[gTr] and of2worlds like this.
  15. heidy3

heidy3 Rookie

Apr 20, 2017
    My 812 was delivered August this year. Wanted to order a 812 gts. The Dealer told me it´s sold out and only people having 2-3 Ferrai´s are considered for ordering. That´s in Continentel Europe. By the way I was told the same on the 812.
    I´m pretty pi... off.
    Sold my 812 on the spot for purchase price last week.
    Had 5 Ferraris before, but its obviously not enough.
    As I get older I also get a little wiser and more patient.
    Now I decided to lay back and watch the market.
    With all the enviromental stuff Germany plans, it may well happen, that gas engines powered cars will drop in value faster than a rock. The green party want´s to ban all new combustion engines by 2030. The old once´s shall fade out.

So much for Ferrari right now

16. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I’m surprised you were able to sell your 812 for purchase price just last week.

I think you have the right approach in waiting patiently. The car is not a limited edition and opportunities will arise as time passes.

As far as ICE engines and values go that’s a different topic that could take up a whole separate thread.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. heidy3

heidy3 Rookie

Apr 20, 2017
    Point is, the delivery was stated April 2020. Suddenly the car was already at the dealer in August.
    Since I have no use for it now, I told the dealer to sell it.
    Now the dealer told me I have to order anotherone, since the order is open. I see that in a different way. The car I ordered is delivered and paid for. Therefore my order is fullfilled and I am free to choose what I want to do.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I'm really surprised to hear that. I have spoken at length to my UK based dealer and a Swiss one and in both cases they have taken orders but the GTS is definitely not sold out. In terms of criteria for buyers, you needed at least one F car but seems a lot less strict than prior sought after models. I think Ferrari is actively trying to diversify customer base; it realises that giving the best stuff to the same bunch of (mostly) old men might not make long term business sense...

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I tried this once and it lasted about 3 months. There was this empty place in my garage and it had to be filled.

of2worlds, JagShergill and JTSE30 like this.
  20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Funny how “old men” are fair game for offensive comments - one of the few last categories that one can still stigmatise

Solid State likes this.
  21. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My dealer was sold out 1 week after viewing’s in Maranello and he said he could sell many more, he asked if he could place more orders and was told yes but you won't get them! He was not trying to get me to place an order as I gave him a letter of intent in January, and hope to spec, the GTS at the Atelier around Christmas/ Jan. to enjoy the Christmas lights in Modena.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I was told you had to have an existing V12 at the time of ordering...not sure how accurate all these "proclamations" from the peanut gallery are though.

23. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    My US-based dealer is firm that no dealer allocations have been awarded by the factory or FNA on the 812 GTS. With that said, this doesn’t stop dealers from collecting deposits from clients they believe should have no problem getting an allocation based on past history...and possibly some who would be on the bubble.

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    THat sounds like a beautiful classy spec -would love to see pics .....congrats

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    You can tell when this becomes real as the order pops up on My Ferrari, until then its all paper in the dealers draw and deposits helping their cash flow.

My GTS is confirmed as is Factory Atelier but its not on My Ferrari, so dealer obviously knows roughly how many he will get but its not baked.

Interesting that I think deposits go on the balance sheets of the dealer. One day surely there will be a failure and there will be a clamour for deposits to be held in a trust account.

of2worlds likes this.