© 2019 MOTORSPORT NETWORK. All rights reserved.
Sign up to receive latest updates for Ferrari News, Threads, and Classifieds
Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.
That's good to hear when others in the UK are saying cars are barely selling.
I think for reasons that are not obvious to me new stock is still selling in the UK, it is the after market and lack of non SOR (agency) bids from the official dealer network that says a lot. New stock is however reasonably strong.
Ferrari UK appear to have just upped their (arguably) non refundable deposits on new stock, a canary in the mine I would say...
On your last point, does anyone have experience with trying to get a deposit back i.e. cancel order? I'm sure the agreement says not possible, but these things are always a negotiation if they want to keep you happy for the long run...
Only because it has been a means to an end for quite a few (ie to get the next upcoming VS/limited/halo car), but the business model is now changing and the established process is quickly becoming obsolete as those cherished cars become increasingly expensive and easier to get and the residuals on older ones plummet.
In France, both GTS and SF90 allocations per dealer were fully fulfilled within couple weeks, POs and deposits made.
I wonder if they had fewer allocations. I know FoW had a bunch of SF90s which I passed on and I know I can get a GTS but I may have to wait a bit. If I had an 812 I would get first dibs.
Sorry , please can you tell me where FoW is?
Ferrari of Washington in the states
Depends on applicable law and jurisdiction but a combination of eg contract law (usually lack of contractual certainty), consumer protection laws deposit terms and/or PR means it’s refundable prior to locking spec.
Gts is 2.5 times more than pista aperta
60% this of pista coupes
Thanks. I’m UK based. Just rethinking my GTS order, now that I have an 812... not sure losing the roof is worth the significant extra money. Plus, when I ordered GTS I was told it didn’t have GPF fitted.... will make a decision next year, but good to hear I could (probably) get deposit back...
In my geo equivalent of 125k GBP changeover from 812 to GTS - I bit steep
AS long as don’t get a spec loaded you have a good shot, PM if can help nearer the time
Same up here. So far, both the 812 GTS and SF90 is sold out. This at a very large dealer that gets a lot of of allocations.
Its always a sold out situation at most dealerships But if ones persistent on followups some how cancellation units show up
it seems pretty obvious both the sf90 and GTS sell well in Europe, and they won't take further orders.
Yes there will might always push a couple extra units (making, what 10% more than currently sold?), and yes you always have a couple buyers who will drop their allocations.
That does not change the fact that the cars all all allocated now, ordered and deposits paid for, and you can't get in if you want one.
The main problem is not that SF90 and 812GTS seems (!) to be oversold (I do not think they are oversold, if you "need" one, there will always be some "demo" cars available for specification and so on) - it is the fact that people has to buy something else before getting what-ever, and that will in the current market send out a bunch of 812Superfast and so on, that no one has "ordered". For example we just got 2 rather new 812Superfast here in Sweden - most likely 812GTS orders who triggered them to be sold...
Hi guys, ordered 812 GTS...
I am still not seeing the order in MyFerrari? Is anyone else having this issue?
Also, when were others promised their slot? Apparently only a handful of cars will be delivered by the end of 2020...
I’ve ordered my new 812SF delivery June 2020. My Ferrari app. appears I sold previous F12 and I have a 812 SF in waiting list. That means it has been ordered . Specifications will follow . Dealer is going to tell them specifications 4 months before delivery
From what I can make out, Superfast production will finish at the middle on next year and then GTS production will start.
That should firm up Superfast prices a little if you can no longer buy a new one after next summer.
(many) rumors here tell the same
Too many 812's around (and more variants on the way) for prices to firm in any way. I think the best one could hope for is sort sort of stability around the £240-250k level with a slow drift from there.
That's what i've been told too. It should mean that overall production isnt as high as many expected when spread over the 3 years.