812 GTS driver feedback please. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

812 GTS driver feedback please.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by khal360, Jul 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Must be only a Ferrari problem. All my other cars seem to accurately state the redline on the tach that is published in the documentation.

Also, we are talking about new cars here. If you want to talk about inaccurate tachs, go back to the forums with the 80s and older cars. These days the RPM signal being sent to a tach is accurate within something like .1%. That would be point 1%. The tach itself shouldn't be reading 200-400rpm off, there's a reason why they show an additional 1000 rpm. That way you aren't at the absolute maximum range of the tach, which is where you would tend to find some inaccuracy. Once again, new cars, very good electronics, and a multi-billion dollar manufacturer. I'd be willing to bet that the tach is incredibly accurate. Or at least not hundreds of RPM off

ForeverCar likes this.
  2. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Of course, this is a good reminder. Either way, these are observations that, hopefully, are helpful to some.

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, it's a universal thing. If you plug in a can-bus module and record the actual RPMs, you will see that there is a difference (not by much, more like 200-300 RPM) between that reading and the analogue tach.

4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Care to show any evidence to support that it is universal?
    Not universal at all in my experience. None of my modern cars show an systematic bias, of even a few hundred rpm.

SeattleStew and ForeverCar like this.
  5. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    Sorry to answer quite late, but I have to tell you that I have Installed a capristo valve controller in my GTS (delivery August) From the very first day.
    Sound is incredibly much better with valves open (of course) and I only drive it that way (valves open from start to stop). There is no electronic problem or anything like it.
    Furthermore - if anyone cares (I do) - the start/stop device can be deactivated and remains deactivated. I did not expect that possible as it is different to my 812 SF, Pista and Portofino. But I love it...

of2worlds, KenU and LMH like this.
  6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I was told by 2 dealers that you would get a CEL if you opened up the valves. Does the capristo exhaust bypass that issue?

7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Oh thats good news on the start/stop. Do you deactivate it through the menu on the dash?

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Good stuff.
    Do you have a part number for that Capristo controller? I have a Lusso kit sitting, and wonder if it is the same as used on the GTS. Would be great come feb:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I’m bringing my GTS in tomorrow for Novitec rear boxes, x pipe and Capristo controller. All taken from my 812 SF. Not expecting any CEL or other issues but will report back later this week.

Also will report on the change in sound... can’t wait for some roof down, valves open action!

of2worlds, Avia11 and LMH like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Karl do you by any chance have the box with your Capristo controller sitting? If so, could you check and see what the part number on it says? Would be greatly appreciated:)

Should be 04AZ00703002

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    This is a pic, hard to read but I think the part number is virtually as you said
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

KenU likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ah sweet! If that works, I have a controller just waiting for my GTS:)

13. ForeverCar

Jan 20, 2017
    Any experience with 100 or 200 cells catalytic converters (do they trigger CEL)?

Are there options to remove GPFs and not trigger a CEL?

14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Yes, very good news. It is like this on my tdf but on.my pista spider it has to be turned off after every restart and I find it very annoying...

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nobody has made a GPF delete yet. On a non-GPF car sport cats will trigger a CEL. Just install a Capristo OBD Wizard.

16. ForeverCar

Jan 20, 2017
    Thanks. Would love to hear how a GPF delete and factory cat car sound eventually. They all sound fantastic so it is mostly fine tuning for personal preferences and recording can be hard to tell to.

Does the Capristo OBD wizard basically monitor for the cats efficiency codes and auto clear them? That way, no ECU modification is needed.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    A.B did you go with Grigio Silverstone Opaco or something else in a paint color choice for your Gts?

18. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Would be curious if this is done in the settings on the car or if you had to have a dealer program it.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nope:)

Verde Zeltweg w. Nero calipers and gold wheels.

Thecadster, tomc, gliazzurri and 2 others like this.
  20. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    I didn‘t do anything - it was like that from the First Start. Maybe it is a special feature for cars delivered via Belgium to clients in Luxembourg , but honestly I don‘t know. My other cars need the button in the roof panel pressed after every restart, in my 812 GTS I did it once and it’s done...

of2worlds and SeattleStew like this.
  21. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Wow, that's very fortunate! I wish my 812SF would do that lol. I'm waiting for my next in person visit at the dealer to try and convince them to program it to always off. Otherwise I'll have to DIY it

22. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    sweet mother of God

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sooo, is that a good thing?...

24. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Very :) Sorry that was my initial reaction. Should have added - that is going to be one bella macchina.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    You have any mock up photos of that to show? Sounds very interesting.