Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #401 F1tommy, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Very pretty cars, especially the SP2... Would love to see a lighter coupe version with a Kamm tail in the style of the old Alfa Canguro.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    [​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

What a stunning spec! One of the lucky owners should hire Marco Van Overbeek and get the spec of their SP2 made just like this! What a work of art in automotive design. I wish I could see it from other angles and with interior shots like one of his client Hypercar specs he shows on his web site. I'd be thrilled to own just a print or large model of this design. Thanks for posting it.

Gullwing, Sims123, Dolceexte and 7 others like this.
  3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    The above rendering is absolutely one of the best automotive designs of the last few years. Simply breathtaking.

bwshihtzu and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Exactly.

On the contrary, when the F12berlinetta was introduced, LdM took pride in the fact that this car was shorter, narrower* and lower than its predecessor, the 599 GTB Fiorano.

* by two centimeters, to be precise

Solid State and crinoid like this.
  5. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    LOOOL it's not that bad.

Dolceexte likes this.
  6. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    At Amalgam Collection we are now taking orders for bespoke 1:8 models of the SP1 and SP2. Can't wait for someone to order a model of Marco van Overbeeke's design! Drop us a line at [email protected] Thanks, SandyC

bwshihtzu, anunakki and furmano like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Three more renderings by the talented Marco van Overbeeke

Absolutely love the green one... needs a Verde Seabird paint with a special quality leather from TM.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    I'm really loving the direction that Ferrari are taking with these Icona collections, an inspiration to talented livery designers! SandyC

Dolceexte likes this.
  9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Nice cars for sure but I wonder about the pricing. Icona is now a product line for Ferrari and they are talking about more or less 500 cars per annum by 2022. Now pricing these for LaFerrari aperta money (only 210 cars total) means I wouldn't want to be sitting on one when the music stops.

LARRYH likes this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I haven’t seen a mention of 500 cars per annum, is that what they are planning to do?
    As I wrote before I think Ferrari will use existing market data points to price the car properly. If you think that one can buy a delivery mileage TDF (800 cars, arguably less bespoke) for well under 1m EUR in Europe, an average F50 is 1.7-2m EUR (rarer and arguably more bespoke) and average LaF is probably 2.5-2.7m EUR (several cars coming to market now), it is easy to see at what price point the market would absorb 500 pieces of the Monza. One also has to think of what an F50 would sell for if suddenly 300 cars came to market...It wouldn’t be 1.7-2

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Makuono and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The 500 cars annually comes from pages 5-6 of the financial targets section of last week's capital markets day presentation. Maybe they release less frequently than every year but the average is 500 p.a by 2022, which is way more frequently than a supercar coming every 7-10 years. Marcel Massini mentioned here €1.5-2mm price.

Even if each icona series car is different, the reality is they look more like the same family, and prices should reflect that.

So a buyer is paying supercar+ money for a way more common car.

Given how the market has gone, pricing a laferrari for €1.3million might have looked cheap if the prices settle at €2million+ after the initial pop, and Ferrari stock investors could at they were short changed. So Ferrari just put the prices up closer to where it would trade in the second hand market. But when the market cools, there are going to be tears for icona buyers.

While people keep arguing that there are more rich people every day, it's not like they are growing on trees.

Roland1688 and JackCongo like this.
  12. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    If you are rich enough you keep your car when the music stops.
    Some day it will start again !!

elmadi, Camlet1 and G. Pepper like this.
  13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Now that better photos have been released, I do like it when initially I did not. I'm betting they look better in person too.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I have exactly the same feeling, let’s wait and see...

Makuono likes this.
  15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Far be it for me to say the emperor has no clothes; however, I do sincerely wish that they would stop bragging about profit to the very people making them said profit. Including investors with your most important clients and assuming they have a shared, common goal is astonishingly color blind.

BaronM69 and nmcclure like this.
  17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Sometimes I feel the post is interesting but I have some troubles to understand it accurately because english is not my first language.... Can I have the idea in simple english ? thanks

elmadi likes this.
  18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Without putting words into Twosherpaz's mouth:

Ferrari is telling its investors how they are/ will be making more profits from buyer's through higher prices, more margin per car etc. This is a bit distasteful for the clients who buy the cars, creating those profits in the first place.

It is a reflection of what people have been saying since the IPO - they care more about its investors than its loyalty clients.

Hope this "translation" helps.

elmadi, BaronM69, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks you very much Barry...

elmadi and LARRYH like this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I love the car, but it's an 812. Is an LE 812 with similar performance to the standard range car really worth the premium?

21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So true.

Maybe the message is buy our cars but keep some cash on hand to also buy shares of RACE.

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari states on the Monza webpage that the rear wheels are 20'', but weirdly that the fronts are 21''!!! A typo of some sort, or a very bizarre layout?

25. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Can’t be right!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat