Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Wonder if it'd be possible to score a second tonneau (and seat) to go SP1 to SP2 and back. Chance to design another cool, and handy, carrying case or two, too.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    this will be easy imo, there's little difference between the two

for 25kg it's not worth having an sp1 in the first place aside from exclusivity/investment imo

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Still no word if Ferrari will homologate it for the USA as a road legal car?

4. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I was told absolutely not by the president of Ferrari North America.

elmadi, RamsHmb and of2worlds like this.
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That is disappointing. Thanks for the confirmation.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Just had several thoughts about the Monza... helped by a lovely glass of Merlot ,a sticky toffe pudding and a warm fire on a v v cold English evening :
    1-even though some learned fchatters have stated that it won’t be road legal in the states, respectfully, I don’t believe it. Ferrari are too savvy to alienate its big hitters in the US market - there WILL be road legal Monzas in the US... imvho
    2- The SP1 looks infinitely better in real life than even in photos , and contrary to practicality , I believe will be more popular in the sp1 form in the numbers of cars - imvho
    3- Yellow would be a fab colour with Black seats
    4- the wheels would look even better in the old school wire wheels
    5-shame doesn’t have old school lateral exhausts pipes - totally impractical and possibly contravene some weird human-rights regulations I don’t know about but would look soooo sexy!
    6-pondering how many uk cars would be produced .....from memory a previous rule of thumb that seemed to work was 10ish % of LE production would be uk so approx 50 cars however my guess is that possibly in this case with the Monza more likely to be 36-40 uk cars
    7- red wine goes well with sticky toffee pudding
    8- im proposing that the exhaust note from the outside ( and obviously from inside) will be significantly engineered louder than the fab 812- the guys at ferrari will surely try to recreate the sounds of the ‘50s and 60’s cars - iconic sounds for icona cars with a standing start rumble that tickles the spleen , cajoles the ribs and resonates the chest !
    9-I believe they shouldn’t allow Tailer Made for the icona series but just a few select livery as per the Laf Aperta- protect the Icona from Hermès interiors and fickle paintwork
    10- wonder if the Monza pricing will immediately inflate Enzo /f50/f40/288 prices when it’s released - is a Monza at sticker/mrsp approx €1.6Mill going to immediately be worth €2.5Mill overnight adding an unrealistic hike to the other classic car prices - I hope not as the last thing any of us need is attractive increases attracting speculators
    11- im assuming the next icona series would be approx 2021 and I’m guessing would be a big departure from the Monza - I just wonder if the Icona ‘roadmap’ is going to have greatly different models as I believe the Icona mentality allows v different models with no specific linear progression /design development . An exciting proposition as who knows what weird and wonderful ‘swerve ball’ creations will appear under the Icona guise that will be outside of the design constraints of standard or LE models

There , I’ve mused a little too long there but just sharing my thoughts ..... even the dog is rolling it’s eyes .... :)

stocky, 635CSI, stavura and 6 others like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    TOO many lawyers in the USA. Plus no way will they comprise that design for street use.
    Number 9 is a bigger concern and the back catalogue is overflowing with potential inspiration to for the future...

RamsHmb likes this.
  8. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    :)

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I cant get enough of the 812 exhaust and really do enjoy waking up the neighborhood :) - a Monza would just that much more exciting if u are correct ie. the sound

I hope the dog enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding and wine too :)

of2worlds likes this.
  10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    You have lucky neighbours if they get early morning 812 alarm wake up calls ! V true Shack! The dog enjoyed watching me devour the sticky toffee- I’m afraid at this rate I’m negating the weight saving CF and other options I put on my cars ...;-)

Lukeylikey, F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Hilarious Jag - my cycling buddies get excited when their $500 water bottle ways 10 grams meanwhile it would be more cost effective to lose weight. Anyway load up on CF mate - Ferrari need the money :)

Roland1688 likes this.
  12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    :) :) :) ;-)

F2003-GA likes this.
  13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  14. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Either that or it makes ordering carbon much more sensible? ;)

16. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    So in this picture it looks like there is a retractable roll bar coming out behind the driver. So does that mean there is roll over protection?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Not sure if this has already been addressed but would Monza be eligible for show and display registration once they are all made? (Car needs to be out of production I think).

Is there ANY legal way to drive the car on the road in the US? Dealer plate? Transporter plate?

crinoid, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  18. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    so much of its future value rests on whether it's road legal imo

i'm not even that confident it will be trade for much over rrp

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I don't understand the road legal issue. It's no different to all the other track only specials Ferrari produces like the XX machines, or the myriad of specials being churned out by other manufacturers all round the world - e.g. Aston Martin, McLaren and Porsche. The fact is, this is an investment asset to be used sparingly. It's not a production car to be used as a daily...

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I take your point but this isn’t really a track car, it’s a road car, but it’s a road car that you can’t drive on the road. I understand those that question it.

Why can’t it be road legal, is it just the winsdscreen?

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It’s the no windscreen that’s the major issue. Also though it is not road legal in the US it may able to be registered here as a show car for display purposes.

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George

23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes that is correct. (or so I am told!)

of2worlds likes this.