812 Replacement Rumors | Page 120 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I get that Charles suffered a mechanical failure (yet again!!), but it’s tough to explain away Alonso chasing down Sainz, and Stroll finishing 6th. It could be an aberration, and we’ll certainly learn more the next couple races. I want Ferrari to compete in F1, but the car eats Pirellis and simply isn’t dependable. It sucks because Charles is probably the one racer on the grid who’s a driving equal to Max. We all know Max is an alien, but if Charles was given a competitive car, he would give Max a proper race every time.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Isn't that conclusion a bit premature after just one race?

kandi, 430jm and paulchua like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yes, premature for sure. Time will tell if it’s accurate or not. I truly hope I am wrong.

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Naw check out his post history, he either has multiple personalities, or is a troll. If the former, I’m forgiving, mental health issues should never be ridiculed.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yet strangely enough you say prefer the 812 over the 275 here.

A family car today has 1,200 HP.

Ferrari competitors next batch of cars hypercars start at 2,000 HP.

You're saying Ferrari should stay what? no more than 800? This is the wining formula for Ferrari? To stay 'put?'

kazuya369 and F2003-GA like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I was thinking just this. He might have watched Clarkson's review and decided to let him decide.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #2982 paulchua, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    *THIS*

@Kmaaq careful though, @day355 spent the better part of a few months admonishing my love of the new cars like the 296, even going as far as saying the driving experience as bland (along with the 720 among others.)

I get it, some folks are very into the vintage analog cars and refuse to touch anything new with a 10 foot pole as being 'impure' having lost some classic 'soul.'

That's why I was surprised that he declared here he would choose an 812 over a 275, the very epitome of old school. Yet here declared the 812 as unusable.

I never mind folks having a conflicting opinion with me, on the contrary - as many here know, I actually relish it. The part that makes me scratch my head is folks that pontificate two OPPOSITE arguments at the SAME TIME.

How do you have a conversation with someone like that?

Just a friendly PSA on who you are dealing with.

8. Enzo Anselmo Ferrari

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    France
  9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No: Roma Spider

10. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Yeah that’s the Roma S … I was invited by my dealer to Morocco for the reveal.
    Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it.

11. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    You should go and send us pics on a camel.

12. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    What would I do with all the Ferrari signs in my garage? :(

430jm and 008 like this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Sell the house, divest of all memories, or, kiss and makeup, invest in the best Ferrari you can and cherish it :)

14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Encouraging news today from Europe that ICE may be given a reprieve thanks to lobbying from Italy and Germany.
    Probably the wrong place to post but it made me happy.

Zlaatan, of2worlds, LVP488 and 7 others like this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Great news indeed. You have a news link?

16. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    FT weekend today.
    Nothing definite but seems like plans to ban ICE by 2035 will be postponed to a later date thanks to Italy and Germany.

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    @ajr550

https://www.euractiv.com/section/road-transport/news/italy-seeks-alliance-with-france-and-germany-to-tame-eu-car-emissions-laws/

The 2035 ICE bans will never come to fruition, not even in 2053, or 2080, or ever.

There are no supply chains big enough to create 80m+ BEV cars and light trucks per year, simply will never occur, period. Not to mention the unbelievable ramp up in electricity production that would be required if that level of production ever were to occur, that alone would take at least 100+ years to build out, remember, every single neighborhood would have to be completely re-wired to support, but, again, such BEV production will never occur, so, not an issue.

So, enter this "farce" of "e-fuels" (or Hydrogen), where there will never been sufficient production to displace petroleum, again, ever, cannot occur, the scale up to produce over one billion gallons per day (which about what North America+Europe+other notable countries consume PER DAY)
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1320443/average-monthly-us-gasoline-consumption/

18. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
  19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth

This is nirvana IMO - Ferrari should take a real good look

Condor Man, 008 and Thecadster like this.
  20. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Winner winner chicken dinner! Exactly!!!!

JagShergill and JTSE30 like this.
  21. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Very clever as a reflection, you obviously did not understand much of the debate, as usual...
    2000 hp for the road or the apology of stupidity...
    your vision is so simplistic...more hp, more hp, more hp, more hp............................................... !!!
    Few people already manage to operate 500 on open roads...
    I promised myself not to waste my time replying to you....

jpalmito and kane00 like this.
  22. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    And 65 812 and 42 GTS for sale on Autotrader today. All you “Last of ICE’” fans are in for a rude awakening

SardarJi likes this.
  23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You do realize the number of 812SF on Autotrader has been dropping over the past 6 months? And fewer than 1100 812SF were made for USA

and, we all know the F167 is presumed, but, do you also realize it will most likely:

* have an all digital interior (annoying)

* have non-defeatable nannies (speed control warnings, auto-emergency braking, extra annoying)

* GPFs + even quieter exhaust that may not be modifiable (non-starter annoying)

* limited availability as majority of V12 production will be for Purosangue and # editions, maybe 500 F167 per year...meaning pre-owned asking prices will be sky high (and, apparently the reveal date just slipped 6 months, now sometime in 2024...making first USA deliveries about 2 years from now...)

* and, this will be the very first time, at its introduction, for a V12 sports car model to not be the top-of-the-range, a lot of what previously pushed demand was its placement, what will actual demand look like? will its reveal date slip again? will Purosangue production/demand crowd it out?

24. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Speed control nannies under EU legislation will be defeatable.

25. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I like your direction on this.

1,100 SF seems light on. What about GTS? Feels like there will be a lot of these once completed??

Caeruleus11 likes this.