812 Replacement Rumors | Page 123 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Yikes!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Frank_C likes this.
  2. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Jees John, U had a rollover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumpinjohn likes this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The plane crash would have not been fun !! Flip !!

Trying not to get soft in my old age and trying very hard not to get bored as its the curse of getting older....

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys- Im glad youre all OK. That looked like some scary experience with the plane!

Ive noticed the V12 open cars tend to feel much more solid than the V8, but thats been mid engine V8s. I was a little surprised with the portofino but that was over some really rough stretches of roads- apparently the highway authority thinks we should have an off road experience- maybe because everyone is driving SUVs!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Bundy likes this.
  5. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Part of the allure of supercars(in the past at least) and motorcycles is the fact they can kill you at any moment. A convertible brings that sensation to a 10/10 even when you are driving only at 5/10. As close as one gets to the sensation of a sport bike without leaving the comfort of the seat of your car.
    Probably the worst thing that happened to me in a droptop was the bird droppings some wise ass crow bombarded me with

jumpinjohn likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Pardon me, but I don't have a death wish. People who drive motorcycles apparently do. They are the same people who like open top cars. I, on the other hand, have spent many years of my life enclosed in a steel box. Other people call them tanks. We call them home. ;)

9nb and of2worlds like this.
  7. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    “No, I don’t own one.” Well fine, but I suppose you don’t own an 812 either. Trust me, they are both great, but the 812 convinced me and I loved my F12!

And the Tributo did not make me want to get rid of my 458SPIDER and the 296 less so.

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    ??who wrote “No, I don’t own one.” ??

are you responding to me? I really have no idea what you are responding to?

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think I figured it out

@JJ77
    I think you meant to reply to JJ77

430jm likes this.
  10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ok…. So back to the F12 Vs the 812.

I still think that the F12 is a more cohesive design that was born at Pininfarina which was the last V12 they penned.

I don’t own an standard F12 and I have an 812 GTS coming.

I also prefer the design of the TDF over the 812 Comp….. however I am a little biased on that one.

Time will tell as to which will be the more valuable vehicle.

May the Horse be with you

Caeruleus11 and BaronM69 like this.
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    If only the TDF had the 9500rpm redline.

Thecadster and Condor Man like this.
  12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    You were in a plane crash and got run over by a truck!! You win hands down!! LOL!

I guess no new word on the 167…

13. TheBlueCarbon36

May 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    Blue Carbon
    @Caeruleus11 thank you for your answer. Sorry again to the community for posting in the wrong section and thank you for answering me in the right one.
    I see your points, coming from your experience. Personally, I prefer hard tops for the looks plus I imagine they usually provide more structural rigidity overall when closed.
    I think the GTS is my favourite "regular" production Ferrari of the last decade. Maybe even my favourite overall. So I hope the replacement will keep the same philosophy just updating some aspects.

I think all modern cars need to be safe in case of a roll over to be homologated, regardless if they are coupes or convertibles. They either have built in structural protection, as @JTSE30 said, or they have elements that pop up as the airbags would do, such as the Huracan spyder.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Look at the elements behind the soft top

Bundy, Caeruleus11 and 350MH83 like this.
  14. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Yeah, I also prefer coupe to convertible. More structural rigidity plus also tend to be lighter as convertibles have additional structural bracing put into the base of the car to try to counteract some of the loss of structural rigidity created by lopping off the roof. So heavier, slower and less stiff...

15. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    For me one thIng in favor of the 812 versus 167 is the more analog interior, as I prefer it to the soon to be obsolete screens and no normal buttons in the new Ferraris SF90, 296, Puro,…

but most likely 167 will look fantastic and let´s see what evolution of the V12 engine it will have, mínimum the Competizione engine

Caeruleus11, SirTony76, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  16. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    I don’t know when Ferrari will realize that the engines and the cars are insanely good but their new dashboards are complete and utter garbage. Not sure who isn’t reading these posts or watching you tube videos posted by real car enthusiasts that echo this sentiment.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's is quite ironic given the new CEO is coming from high-tech without any credentials on engines and cars...

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I know all about that, but the problem remains that they are less rigid and safe. One particular problem is that if the rollover occurs over an elevated object (in my case it was in a field with some large boulders) there is nothing above your head to actually protect it from such an object that fits through the opening, even if the roll hoops deploy and keep the crash structure and the cabin intact.

TheBlueCarbon36 and 350MH83 like this.
  19. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    No worries!

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It seem even the bad actors are trying to get the scoop on the new 167? People attacked Ferrari company files for information...

Wheels1 and jpalmito like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Dramatique i would say in French..

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    So if the Germans and Italians are successful in their efuels bid for Europe, do we think the whole "last NA V12" drama will come to an end and the niche makers will still be able to make them going forward so we may even get more after F167??

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Really hope Vigna electrification's plan will be a failure on commercial side.
    Then he will be fired and Ferrai will elaborate a brand new V12 feed by efuels.
    Simplistic ?
    Not so sure.

NGooding and polishhammer83 like this.
  24. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Ferrari is not a niche maker by the regulations set to offer exemptions for V12 power past 2035. By 2035 Ferrari production volume will be way past 20.000 cars a year.

25. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Is that set in stone then? I thought with the Germans pulling their vote at the 11th hour isn't everything negotiable?