812 Replacement Rumors | Page 124 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    We must take the steps in order, and the next, which is one of the most important, is the probable ratification of the Euro 7 standard this summer.
    Let's see when it comes into effect...
    There is no further development of the V12 registered for the future after 167 and its variants

2. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I believe any opening in the regulation would only cater to manufacturers of <1000 cars annually.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    An informed detail the 167 is just the start down an interesting road of delights...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    True, nothing is set in stone.

5. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Heard next 812 is Comp engine - coupe by end of this year.

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That makes sense, the 812c engine (revealed in April 2021) will be about 3 years old by the time of the F167 reveal (I have heard it slipped to sometime next year), because they terminated the V12 engine team leadership without a suitable replacement team, using an "old engine" would confirm that Ferrari no longer cares about the V12...other than adjustments for emissions regulations that would be sad (the FUV engine is a majorly de-tuned V12, so, I do not consider that as an improvement over prior engines).

Frank_C likes this.
  7. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Can you share a sense of the number of variants you’re expecting? F167, F167 GTS or will there be more? VS versions?

8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Everything can not be said...

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Is Raffaele de Simone still available to 'fine tune' the F167 projects?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. chorn74

chorn74 Rookie

Jul 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    a chorn
    If the restriction is 20,000 cars is there a reason they can't separate the company into a bespoke & production? Seems to me 20,000 cars for the bespoke side that would do v12's, specials etc may already be partially separate with the tailor made group. I believe Ford has plans to separate it's ev and ice vehicles into 2 separate companies although i do not know their motivations.

11. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Every new generation of front V12 has brought a panel of other variants: coupé, spider/GTS, VS, and more recently VS spider/GTS. Then for sure we can expect to see at least these 4 variants coming for the F167.

Nothing is better than 4 variants to milk the cow

Boomhauer and 350MH83 like this.
  12. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    How and where can Ferrari produce 20,000 cars. Not at their current facilities.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's not even about total production. The EU regulations take into consideration the number of vehicles registered within the bloc.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The massive new Ferrari factory being build next to the existing one is solely for battery production.
    That tells us a lot about the future, sadly!

italiafan, Bundy, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  15. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No idea :D

ANOpax, ale75 and of2worlds like this.
  16. TheBlueCarbon36

May 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    Blue Carbon
    Is there such a thing as the possibility of a commercial failure in Ferrari's world nowadays?
    Even if some wrong calls were made, IMHO the brand's reputation and heritage would delay the tangible effects long enough to avoid any kind of impact on the decision maker's career.

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Face it folks, we’re now the dinosaurs, the “old farts” that care about such things. To be honest my thinking on all of this (exotic screaming super high horsepower V12s) has been pivoting. Where I live, and I presume the same is true of a great many people who can earn enough of a living to purchase cars like these, has become so congested the joy of driving is becoming an ever more difficult proposition. At my main home on the coast it takes me at least 45-60 min of “driving” through massive congestion and dozens upon dozens of traffic lights to get to an open road. It is so palpable that when I finally get to some open road I actually physically breath a sigh of relief and feel my muscles relax. I bought a second home in the mountains, and of course the same general rule applies: people with financial means want restaurants, wineries, fun destinations nearby and so the roads are again congested. The thing in the mountains is not necessarily traffic lights and multiple lanes but >90% of the time there is at least 3-5 cars ahead of you on the road and one of them is a Subaru doggedly going well below the speed limit. :mad: I’m talking about being on a curvy road in the country going 30-35 mph and then they brake down to 20 going into a turn. It is difficult, and often unsafe, to pass because of visibility. If I do get past it is either an ancient mouth-breathing person or what I presume to be a stoned younger person with phone in hand.
    I literally have often chosen to take my Rolls Royce Ghost places because it reduces my stress. If I can’t drive in a fun manner then at least I can waft down the road in supreme comfort listening to Vivaldi! :cool::)
    For me, the days of pushing an 800 hp screaming V12 are coming to a close.

18. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Sad but true. I am resigned to the fact the roads(condition and traffic) make driving in a spirited manner challenging to say the least. I am all for public transportation as it de clogs the roads and gets many appliance cars drivers to reconsider driving.
    My response is to drive in the middle of the night when possible and drive a “slow” fun car for commutes. Whether it’s a RR, Jeep or some small high rev pocket rocket or one of my motorcycles it makes life more fun.
    It means the Ferrari sits longer in the garage but when it out it’s still a blast.
    Hopefully one day a drone human hauler will be developed which can whisk me up and away from the bad roads and traffic and get me to work in 20 min but alas I will be long dead buried and probably fossilized by the time that happens.
    Realistically though the greenies are screaming from the rooftops the end is near and we have already passed the point of no return so flying to a flooded post apocalyptic city is a non sequeter.
    Time to get out, drive and make our voices heard with our right foot on the V12 accelerator and at the ballot box.
    I feel better

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Do like us, schedule road trips regularly with friends, it's pure happiness;) !

20. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I actually am hoping with global warming the Greenland Ice sheet disappears and we pave great roads for driving ICE cars and rename it ICEland.
    EVs and public transportation need not apply.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Shhhhhh…don’t tell Greta

22. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Absolutely! I ship a car from Toronto to California every summer and spend 10-14 days enjoying the open roads and beautiful scenery. Last year was in the 812gts. Keeps me smiling all year. The rest of the time she sleeps. No point with the congestion and speed traps at home not to mention the horribly straight roads.

SaifC, ScrappyB, Maximus1973 and 4 others like this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have great driving roads right outside my front door. My Ferrari never sees traffic unless I want it to. I am blessed in this way but other reasons take the place of getting seat time. There will never be a reason for me to not want that big V12 or any of the other machines I own including diesel and 2-stroke. These are a part of me and the rest of the planet can worry about whatever they want to. It has no effect on me. George Bush hated broccoli.

Altoria F, Shack, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My friends and I flew to Germany in September and rented 6 Porsche 911 cabs from the museum. We drove through Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland, Lake Como region, Lichtenstein and back to Stuttgart.

I think we averaged about 40km/hr given the draconian speed limit enforcement concerns. Around Lake Como I think we averaged 20 km/hr. :)

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed, and apologies for sounding like an advertisement, but it's one of the things I love about the Lusso. When stuck in slow moving traffic, it's a great GT, when the times permit, it can also pretend to be an F12, except more stable.

350MH83, Bundy, RamsHmb and 2 others like this.