812 Replacement Rumors | Page 13 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Who doesn’t like thongs!?
    :)

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You are hilarious! Love it.

3. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Will the 812SF replacement come with a N/A V12 with a 6.5L or will it have a smaller displacement? Will it contain some sort of assistance - battery?

4. 512tr1992

512tr1992 Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    day355 from another thread:

"F 167 will be NA for the first option.
    There is a second option, but no turbo.
    It will depend on the date of homologation."

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  5. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Driven the Roma both in the UK and Maranello and still can't get myself to love it especially the haptic steering wheel controls. Drove the new Portofino M recently and loved it much more than the Roma even from a driving pov.

italiafan likes this.
  6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Unfortunately, this is what I call digital ... I agree with you on this point. They put money into developing this interface, so we're going to eat it all over the place ...
    But the design of the Roma, this "feeling" of lightness make it a car to consider, because in terms of price positioning, it is undoubtedly the most honest of the range.
    I drove it a few hundred kilometers, and personally I like it.
    The perfect daily driver.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I also prefer real switches, dials etc… Just FYI, uou can put into sleep mode the haptic pads/ buttons on the steering wheel. On the SF90 I drove recently, I found this to be no big deal once I realized I could put them to sleep. I think some software tweaks could really improve the system

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Bundy likes this.
  8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Like a twin turbo V8 as a second option?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    V12+Hybrid would be second option

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Seems this is the true marker of the permanent shift to hybrid. Offer the V12 NA with no assist but the quick ability to add it. Gauge the order response and then the hybrid option makes it feel stronger. Very soon after only hybrid.

11. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Agreed, had the Roma for a day from my dealer and wasn’t for me. Can only describe it as bland.

12. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
  13. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    This is my own image analysis i´ve done some years ago. It shows the perfect proportions of the F12 Berlinetta in The Golden Ratio.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Clearly Ferrari is going for more “flowing “ simpler designs with the Roma and 296. These designs lack a lot of the surface details seen in the F12//812 etc which I tend to appreciate more as time goes on. Too much detail gets you into trouble too like the rear of the F12, 812C and SF90: overly fussy and busy IMHO. Astons have often relied on beautiful design to make up for mediocre performance but as beautiful as they have been in the past they are now dated and Aston is changing the design language to make them more relevant today.
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the surface details of my Ferraris when hand washing them. I will probably miss that with the 812 replacement .

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Can you help me along? I see bunch of lines and circles only.
    Thanks!

16. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    In the picture of the F12 Berlinetta you can see shorter and longer sections (minor in light blue and major in dark blue), which are always a whole undivided route. The division of the entire route into minor and major is considered particularly harmonious and aesthetic. This division can be created with the triangle method and is also part of the Aston Martin design principle (Rapide and DB9). The circles only show the wheelbase and exactly three wheel circles fit between the front and rear wheels.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  17. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    And here is the method how to create it... are you good at geometry?;)

MB224, Thelovelyrock18 and italiafan like this.
  18. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Interesting. Curious how a vintage Ferrari, like the 250 SWB, would look under such analysis.

20. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Very good... The Golden Ratio is very old.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #321 REALZEUS, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2021
    The golden ratio was proposed by the Ancient Greeks, but that doesn't mean much. Beauty remains in the eye of the beholder.

456-boy and jpalmito like this.
  22. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    This post echoes my thoughts. What the hell has geometry got to do with how pleasing a design is to an individual's eyes.?

REALZEUS likes this.
  23. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    I think the point was that the original designs were aesthetically pleasing and coincidentally matched up with the golden rule. I’m not sure that designers in the 60s tried to follow the golden rule in order to make them appealing.

Andy

RamsHmb and 456-boy like this.
  24. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I don't think that too. But I think that beautiful things are not just based on luck and that people sometimes follow rules without knowing them...;)
    „Beauty remains in the eye of the beholder.“ There is some truth in this sentence and I´m very happy not all the people on this earth like the same things I like. :D

25. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    This discussion reminds me something that happened to my wife and I a couple of years ago. We were driving around with an architect/designer who really understands aesthetics. We were looking at houses that had features we really liked in order to give her a design direction for a house we wanted to build. We showed her two houses that had very similar looks. There was one that we greatly preferred but could not explain why. She explained the details that we could not articulate and boom! We could not unsee that from then on.

Certainly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but only to a certain extent.

And full disclosure, I love the F12 but could not stand the awkward rear uterus. TDF solved it all but could not attain.

The 812 may not have as much great design, but is an amazing car and most importantly, a V12 that I spec’d and drive.

I hope to have the privilege of ordering the 167 when it comes out.