812 Replacement Rumors | Page 14 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adrien3

Adrien3 Rookie

Oct 29, 2021
    Do you think there will again be a GTS-like version, that is a « standard » production spider model instead of a limited edition?

2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    At this moment i don't know, sorry.

3. MB224

MB224 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Very old indeed. It's found all over ancient Egyptian structures.

4. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    By any chance, will the f167’s engine end up in the laferrari successor?

manya81 likes this.
  5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    I think NEXT 812 will have a special version

6. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    It would be very surprising if it has not

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Reveal just 6 years away...

With impending EU regulations will it be allowed to emit any sound at all I wonder.

dpw98 likes this.
  8. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    2027?are you sure?

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I am not certain, but here is what I thought:

@day355 indicates F167 reveal in late 2023 (that is +2 years)

Historically, if a V12 VS occurs it is revealed about 4 years after base car reveal

(the 812SF reveal 02-2017, 812VS reveal 05-2021 -- +4.25 years)

(the F12B reveal 02-2012, F12tdf reveal 10-2015 -- +3.75 years)

If the F167 is revealed (only a rumor for now), due to the myriad of EU regulations to "design around", I would expect +4 years, but, who knows, nothing is certain at all, however it does seem likely the F167VS reveal would be years after the base car.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Problem is that Italians are really not that good at technology…
    I don’t know why we see all those touch buttons: virtually everyone complains about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11, Senad and JTSE30 like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As long as Ferrari sells less than 10k units within the EU, they are not mandated by the new EU laws in the same way as other manufactures. Not really seeing the Euro 7 norm being a part of this, and when asking about this at the factory two weeks ago, they said that Euro 7 was of no concern at this stage for the 812 replacement. Of course that can all be a big ball of B.S but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and rossodino like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Same old story. You have a bunch of designers trying to come up with something clever and cool looking. They forget that people have to actually use it. It's like developers for computer software. All sorts of grand and great ideas to something needs an update and to look different. In their mind it's cool and user friendly, but to the rest of the world it's just a big face palm slap thinking "why". For some designers good design does not have to be functional as long as it looks good and have their personal touch. That's the difference between a good designer and a great designer. A good designer did the infotainment system in the current G wagon(and I hate it) while a great designer did the infotainment system in the current top-of-the-line Audis. I'm sure somewhere there is a bunch of designers sitting and thinking that we just don't appreciate their genius vision for their haz-haptic disaster of an idea. Sure, works jn a Toyota where you have all the time in the world to do things and ESC settings and drive modes are not a thing. But they completely failed to realize how bad non-tactile controls work in a "busy" sports car. Why couldn't they find inspiration from other high end manufactures that has managed to combine modern looks, functionality and features, namely Koenigsegg, Zenvo and Pininfarina. I know Ferrari is not a hypercar manufacture, but they could still usd what these guys do as inspiration. It does not have to be the same design language, but they could learn a lot about how looks and functionality can coexist.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed!
    That being said I love my new g wagon because it has buttons lol
    I could care less about the infotainment as I always use car play. I just want buttons
    Cadillac had this in their new models (touch) and I hated the car…plus after a few years our Escalade’s touch stuff stopped working or weren’t accurate to the touch. Bad bad bad!

Caeruleus11 and vonbeeler like this.
  14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Yes, their SVM status (small volume manufacturer) does help them, but, one word "GPF"..., in 2 words "electric Ferrari', in 3 words "pole side impact"(i.e. the Euro 2022 standard implemented on the Daytona SP3, point is, regulations do apply to Ferrari as well, just not always in the same timeframe as the larger volume manufacturers)

Euro 7 has not yet been confirmed/voted upon, we do not fully know what it will be...yet

However, the "F167VS" will be years after the base F167, so "creeping regulations" will likely play a part in its design and engine.

Caeruleus11 and dpw98 like this.
  15. Nocetto

Nocetto Rookie

Jun 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rookie

Is the SP3 the replacement or special edition car

16. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    My dealer told me that Ferrari produces about 9,000 cars/year and about 1/3 goes to the US. I'd assume the remaining 2/3 are roughly split between Europe and Asia.

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes. And the rule is not about cars produced, it's cars sold in the EU, so they are far below 10k cars.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I was just thinking, if the SP3 was the 812SF replacement, they could sell 10,000+ of those (if each car was about half the actual price, about 900K); however, the Daytona SP3 is a special edition, limited production, not the 812SF replacement.

19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think Leiters just gave away how Ferrari will continue to make the V12 forever...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ferrari-plots-more-icona-models-and-hints-future-v12

When Autocar asked him whether Icona is also a means of prolonging the existence of V12 power in an age of electrification, he said: “I think so. It’s a good opportunity, it’s matching 100% our customers’ requirements and it has a limited impact on the discussion of CO2 [because only 599 Daytona SP3s will be made].

Here is my idea...

If Ferrari produces fewer than 1000 V12s for Europe each year (and all other vehicles for Europe are electric-only), they can do this! But, will they?

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/transport-emissions/road-transport-reducing-co2-emissions-vehicles/co2-emission-performance-standards-cars-and-vans_en

See this section from the link above:
    Exemptions
    Manufacturers responsible for fewer than 1 000 cars or fewer than 1 000 vans newly registered in the EU per year are exempted from meeting a specific emissions target, unless they voluntarily apply for a derogation target.

see that? If Ferrari builds fewer than 1000 V12s (and, otherwise, no other combustion engines, no hybrids, electric only), they are completely exempted from EU emissions regulations.

Will that happen?

Once the "electric Ferrari" occurs in 2025, if Ferrari only builds V12 combustion engines for Europe, and fewer than 1000 per year, they can continue...forever (at least with current regulations)

And, at present, Ferrari only builds about 2200 V12 engines each year for the entire world, so that should be do-able..(specifically: fewer than 1000 for Europe each year)

curious, could that be their 10-year plan?

wouldn't that be grand?!

thoughts?
    @day355

20. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    Unfortunately, I think though that is with current regulations--I believe the new ones that are supposed to come out shortly (Euro 7?) are still being negotiated over, and are likely to be much more strict.

21. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    As of this hour, 167 is still NA.
    With the Purosangue, it will be two V 12.
    The Euro 7 standard risks making 167 the last of the Mohicans ( normal range ).
    But what a car !!!

22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Can’t wait, any idea of the time line as to when we’ll see F167, the Purosangue is due next year (I’m guessing with one of the V12s in the F167) and Ferrari still has to build all the 812C/Apertas, so would the unveiling of F167 make sense in 2023?

23. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That’s a great analysis
    So assuming you’re right and I would probably tend to agree with you, future V12 Ferrari will cost in excess of 2mm euros for cars limited to about 600 exemples, and according to Ferrari at that price point they won’t even be supercars… so the new “basic” non-supercar V12 will cost minimum 2mm euros and only available to collectors. That makes the likes of F40, 599GTO, TdF,, Speciale a bargain and definitely keepers let alone the fact they are more raw and pure than whatever is gonna come out in the future

Caeruleus11 and JTSE30 like this.
  24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I find it ironic that the EU is so dead set on emissions choke holds that they would happily trump along and decimate some of the greatest profit centers of their economies (ICE powered manufacturing).

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    New V12 generation ?