812 Replacement Rumors | Page 386 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in '12Cilindri' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The non-misogynistic Ferrari- a first!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Mine isn't in the app yet

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  4. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Amazing how much better the car looks when the whole thing is one uniform pattern without the back bits, even when it's camouflaged wrap.

Thecadster, 812DTW and JTSE30 like this.
  5. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    I was considering Aluminio Lucido or Sanusilver but these pics kinda put me off, maybe going CDF or Grigio GTS would be better.

The 2nd pic... the car looks off from that angle. Something about the proportions doesn't add up. But as others have said pictures aren't enough to judge looks.

6. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Yes, I figure these will be the last two Ferrari’s I buy - moved on to GMA and their V12’s. Expensive but real drivers cars and not about insane horsepower I’ll never use. The C12’s will compliment my two F12s.

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Silhouette of the car looks amazing in that first pic.

jpalmito, MDEL and crinoid like this.
  8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The coupe! Yes, it does. The IRL pics are much better than the launch pics. I like the shape of the car more and more and I saw one pic of the light bar lit in back.

9. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Also notice how shapely the car is in that first pic. You don’t see it otherwise in the launch pics.

10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    #9635 U-Boat Commander, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    I got a private showing of the car the other day. Just me and the guy Ferrari hired to present the car. I spent about 15 minutes with it, walking around it and sitting inside. I didn't get to start it up because we were in a small indoor space. Some observations:

1. The car looks better in person. It's quite futuristic and the design seems to hold together from front to back (unlike some recent cars). I also liked the wheels, which surprised me because they are decidedly un-Ferrari.

2. I did get the impression that it would look better with the black bits painted. Although, the black bits are not as striking in person as they are in pics. I think it's going to be a completely different car if you paint all the black bits as they really are a feature of the car.

3. It's a big car. You could almost make the argument that the 812 was a sports car or sporty car that you could drive on tight mountain roads (I've done that with mine!). This you cannot. It's more in the nature of a Bentley Continental GT. I don't think the 12C is a replacement for the 812. It's a different car. I would say it slots in between an 812 and a Purosangue. It's a freeway cruiser with lots of luggage space.

4. It's noticeably taller than the 812. The roof on the coupe is like a bubble top. They did that so taller guys over 6'2" would more easily fit in the car. But it makes the car feel even more GTish.

5. It's quite difficult to see over the hood, which is quite high. The tall wheel arches contribute to this. You're not going to go hunting for apexes in this car.

6. The wheel arches are a bit of a head scratcher. When you open the hood you see that they are completely cut out above the front wheels. This has a very cool look to it as you're looking right at the shock towers. Yet the hood is lined in a fabric-like material. So what happens when driving in the wet? It would seem that the hood liner is going to get soaked. Either I'm wrong about that somehow or this was not well thought out.

7. The driver's side instrument screen looked cheap. But not unlike the SF 90. The rest of the interior was standard Ferrari stuff. I didn't really have any impression of good or bad. The show car has a black interior mix of alcantara and leather. We're going to need to see some lighter colors to really get a feel for it.

8. The engine block is quite far back behind the front wheels. It's a true front mid-engine.

That's what comes to mind. But feel free to ask any questions.

11. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Many thanks for sharing your experience with us!

U-Boat Commander and jm2 like this.
  12. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Thank you Mario_One more
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    HD: https://spots.ag/2024/05/22/ferrari-12cilindri-spider-c496722052024004345_7.jpg?1716331467

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You're 100% right.

14. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    How's the seat? Being a smaller guy (170cm) I find the 296's seating and seating position more comfortable than the 812, I could never sit right in my 812 (Both non race seats). When I test drove the Puro my first impression was that the seat was just too big for me.

So if it's like the 812 I might go for the race seats, but if it's more like the 296 it'll be perfect.

15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In the first picture is a white 12 C coupe which is one of those presented by Ferrari and also a camouflaged 812 C coupe. When comparing them from this angle and without being able to explain why, the lines of the camouflaged 12 C coupe seem more appealing to me than those of the white one.
    In the second picture I changed the rims to the white 812 C to the same of the camouflaged one but in black, and IMO the car's appearance improved. However, that futuristic delta wing or Boomerang shape that Manzoni created on the rear of the 12 C coupe is something I still haven't gotten used to even though it's been a few weeks since the car was presented. From this angle, the black rear active flaps, especially when the car is white or light-colored , in my eyes make the rear design not very appealing. The last picture shows the effect of the rear flaps painted in the car's color and sincerely it seems to me that the design of the rear looks more harmonious. I think the same applies to the 12 C front black strip between the head lights.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NGooding, crinoid and Kmaaq like this.
  16. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    812C? The camouflaged car is a 12C.

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    You're right. I wrote 812 C twice by mistake but obviously I meant 12 C. :)

Lagunae92 likes this.
  18. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    The seat seemed fine to me. But I'm 178 cm. You're going to have a hard time seeing over the hood for sure as I was and I'm taller. You're definitely going to need a seat that can be lifted up. So no race seats.

19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The race seats have an option for manual adjustment, it can definitely be lifted higher...just know that is a plastic handle, will break if you use it while seated, so best to adjust while standing next to the car (it should be billet aluminum, cannot believe Ferrari uses a plastic handle that easily breaks)...but, it is an option, it is not the default with race seats. Race seats without that manual lifting handle can be adjusted by the dealer (special tool) and be permanently higher...

JackCongo likes this.
  20. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yes I know. I have race seats on a half dozen cars. But there's less padding and they don't go up as high.

21. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Did you like it enough to place an order? If so, which one?

22. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I'm still undecided. I'd only place an order to ultimately get the special series car later on. If the car is so big then am I going to want the special series car? I guess but only from a financial perspective. Not a driving perspective. But on the other hand, I have a GMA T33 Spider ordered and would rather focus on those cars going forward.

I'm sort of tilting in the direction of just buying a GMA car every 2-3 years rather than buying every Ferrari like I have been. I'd only get the Challenge cars going forward. The road cars haven't done it for me in a while.

abdulla.alhajri, Bundy and FLU like this.
  23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I believe they've fixed the handle issue. My lifter on my race seats in the SF90 spider is electric with merely a toggle switch. I broke two other manual lifters:D

Thecadster and Kmaaq like this.
  24. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Nice! The feeling is mutual for me. I’m probably looking at an Egg or a Pagani next, but I need to move to a state with a dealer first for ease of services - and I need a bigger garage lol.

25. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    The path I'm taking with GMA also.