812 Replacement Rumors | Page 93 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There could be one or two finished F167 built already for final review. Some show and press cars then built early June to see how everything fits together. Some time then for problem solving. The target then would be intro in September with some early drives for the press late that month. VIP drives at Fiorano late October.

Wheels1 likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Actually, the community KNOWS they are insiders based on the previous rounds of intel they provided.

deltona, JagShergill, 350MH83 and 8 others like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

Soleith likes this.
  4. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Perfect, thx guys. In that case I might allow myself to start to get hyped! Now to only pray to be able to get an allocation with my measly purchasing history...

5. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Based on 812/GTS numbers......
    Everyone is invited to the party!

Thecadster, F2003-GA and Soleith like this.
  6. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    It becomes an issue not based on the numbers but on: How Much You Robbing Italian B'stards???!!! ie 6 figures starting with a 4 before options. Thats starting with a 4 in any currency!

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    So where else are you going to turn to find that Ferrari V12? If not new, pre-owned is a possibility. If the market did not exist, the product would not exist, however, as unbelievable as it is, the regulatory state as well as current Ferrari leadership is trying to snuff it out of existence, so you have a choice to make.

8. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    And thats why it will start with a 4.

In which case I shall return to an F12 at 1/2 the price.

9. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    I'd hope not given the PS base is £313k. I'm hoping for mid 3's and maybe a tailor made build to keep the total to under 0.5.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Or 599, 575, etc, at even lower prices...and maybe a manual transmission as well!

Time to get out there and start enjoying :)

11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    In theory, this is the car that should have the longest arrente list for various reasons, because 167 " IS " Ferrari, not the PS.
    This will probably be the case...unless the current clientele prefers to obtain a PS...
    Times are crazy, we'll see !

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I've lost track but is it settled the 167 is non hybrid ?
    Is the wheelbase same or shorter than 812 ?

13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    About 33mm shorter...NA

KZEVO, Shack, of2worlds and 8 others like this.
  14. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    Day355, in your opinion, in design, is the F167 on par with the F12B, or is it even superior?
    I believe that, in addition to the V12 N/A, the drama in the modern classic design will be decisive in the success of the model.
    I bet that the demand for the F167 will be immense, huge, and will show the staff and even the shareholders that many future decisions will need to be rethought while there is still time.
    After all, why "say goodbye" to a lineage of models that is a successful, signature of the brand?
    Yesterday DeTomaso launched a V12 ICE, 12,300 rpm, powered by synthetic fuel, CO2 neutral. The model is for the track, but the engine powered by synthetic fuel is there. And DeTomaso doesn't have 10% of Ferrari's engineering capability.
    Therefore, if the "green lobby narrative" is to zero carbon, it is more than proven that this can be done by maintaining ICE.

Shack, ohno and jpalmito like this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The P900 V12 engine does not exist, it might exist in 2024, and the Capricorn GmbH group is NOT known for making entire engines (but they do own the Nuerburgring, so look for testing there), just engine components, so that's curious, would seem to be their first engine and a V12 at that, good luck with that, we will see if it ever enters production.

as for e-fuels, that's the whole point, to be a direct replacement for petroleum-based gasoline, so, every car can run on such, but, good luck finding such, you never will...

16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It is very difficult to answer this question, because I am a big fan of mine.
    Objectively, the F 12 is revered at the design center, and 167 is different in its approach, as it's less grounded in sculpting. The most appropriate term for 167 is "modern classic", because there is modernity on fluid lines where the look is not lost as on the 812.
    The 812 was supposed to represent a twist key, it was too sculpted a design and with faults like the front optics and the heaviness of the rear
    The 167 s rear, moving in traffic will be exceptional, short and muscular.
    In my opinion, this is the strong point.
    The whole remains very homogeneous and I am happy that it ends with this design.
    It's the car in motion that will answer this question, it's too soon...
    I can't say anything more

savio.79, mofatmi9, C50 and 14 others like this.
  17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://autodesignmagazine.com/en/2018/07/ferrari-488-pista-812-superfast-lalchimia-della-prestazione/

“For the 812, the main issue was to remodulate the F12’s peaks of elegance, which part of the management considered excessive. In essence, we were asked to make the car nastier,” said Andrea Militello, Lead Exterior Designer.

“The intention was to demonstrate that even a car with classic architecture and a large front engine could prove to be more aggressive than the competition. For this reason, the side panel tended to dynamise the volumes: today they seem more compact thanks to lines that here we say take a nosedive, namely slope sharply down to the differently connected C pillar and to the shorter tail”.

The predecessor’s Aero Bridge at the front disappears, however: “The logic changes completely, because here we do not like to repeat forms that have already been seen”, smiles Alberto Agnari, Exterior Designer. “The composite front air intake embraces a whole host of functions, from radiator cooling, in the centre, to the engine intake, at the corners”.

“To direct flows towards the brakes, some parts of the grille are brought into service again, but above all the two openings next to the headlights are used, the perimeter of which heads downwards to create a veritable graphic motif. Overall, the architecture of the nose has been completely redesigned”. On the tail, then, the swirling air is fragmented between the by-pass on the mudguards (reducing lift), the active extractor and rear window separated from the small overhang where the spoiler is located, which is thus more effective.

Bundy, of2worlds, ohno and 3 others like this.
  18. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    True, but companies are investing heavily in synthetic fuel. And this launch by DeTomaso, however embryonic it may be, helps to show that this is at least possible.

Thanks for your answer!
    F12 is really epic.
    I like the 812 too, but it has design flaws.
    Certainly the F167 will be spectacular. V12 N/A, modern classic design, short and muscular rear, cofango...
    A curiosity: In 1968, the 365 GTB/4 Daytona was launched. In 1996 (28 years later), the 550 Maranello was introduced, which paid direct homage to the 365 GTB/4 Daytona. If the F167 is presented at the very end of 2023 (already as a 2024 model), it will be 28 years since the launch of the 550 Maranello. An interesting coincidence.

jumpinjohn, of2worlds and ohno like this.
  19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    But, it does not matter at all because "green" (e-fuel) is 100% compatible with gasoline, so, there is literally nothing to be done to "make" a gasoline car run on e-fuel...there is no 'design effort' required at all, zero.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35577611/porsche-synthetic-efuel-clean-emissions-testing/
    Porsche’s eFuels are made out of CO2 and hydrogen and are produced using renewable energy. The final result is a liquid that an engine will burn the same as if it was gasoline made from crude oil..

The DeTomaso P900 'creation' will be limited to 18 engines, none will be street legal, track only, which requires no emissions regulations or crash testing, etc...so, nothing is 'proved' at all, presuming Capricorn can make a stable and reliable engine as currently hypothesized.

Shack, 350MH83 and ab08 like this.
  20. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    Got it. So, even better.

21. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    350MH83 likes this.
  22. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    But will there be a spider…. And will it be a series production run like the 812 GTS?

456-boy likes this.
  23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Open door.....

24. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
  25. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Is the mild hybrid still on the table or will it be a pure V12?