812 Replacement Rumors | Page 94 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Soleith, ohno, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  3. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    The last italian GT (Concept) with a short and muscular rear was the Alfieri. I would describe the lines of the Alfieri also as homogeneous. A timeless shape... only a nolder at the fastback-end is missing (IMO). What a shame Maserati didn't build this car! And Ferrari thanked them with the presentation of the Roma...:cool:

Attached Files:

italiafan, 350MH83, Sunshine1 and 5 others like this.
  4. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Would quite like this. I was waiting for the Alfieri for years after I had my GranTurismo Sport, it never materialised and now I have a Roma!

456-boy and ohno like this.
  5. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    If I bought a $700K car and got this turtle I would feel insulted

Ofc my 296 is on the way so knock on wood..

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Instead of ski trips this winter those guys should all be down south pounding around Lecce with some 167's putting on miles. Specifically Pista di prova di Nardò della Fiat as it was known before those Germans showed up...

Caeruleus11 and ohno like this.
  7. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    اخي الفاضل، انت كمسلم لابد ان تعرف الدق ع حشب او اي شيء مثله حرام

مع تحيات

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Isn't music also forbidden? That V12 is all music!

9. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    [QUOTE="ohno, post: 148886820, member: 84430"I would describe the lines of the Alfieri also as homogeneous. A timeless shape... What a shame Maserati didn't build this car![/QUOTE]

I totally agree, I was actually ready to put a deposit down if they would have built it (owner of 4 Maseratis in a row).

ohno likes this.
  10. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan

Had no idea, I don’t even know where “knock on wood” came from but I just know what it’s used to convey.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Perhaps I am in a funk…but…am I the only one who thinks Ferrari’s offerings now and going forward are not the most interesting brands available?

Scott98 likes this.
  12. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    A legitimate feeling until we see the new F167...;)

italiafan likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think I’ve been in a funk since some fool hit me almost head on and totaled my 488 Spider. I took delivery of my Sanu Silver 812 GTS in July—it now has ~325 miles on it. Really don’t feel like driving it, and I’m even in such a funk I’m contemplating selling it. :(

14. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Oh man that sucks. It's hard to get out and enjoy when you keep thinking about the accident. Hope everyone is ok. I would recommend going for a drive on a nice sunny day with top down and see if that helps a bit. Im also not super excited about some of Ferrari's latest offerings and wonder what happens when it goes fully electric. I know Im not the only one.

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    After I got T-boned in my 458 and spun, hit by airbag, etc. I had a handful of tearful panic attacks while driving over the following month. They were involuntary and triggered by innocuous things - turning the car on, crossing an intersection and seeing an approaching car in my peripheral vision, and such. Passing the intersection of the crash for the first time afterwards I was a mess. But I found that the best therapy was pushing through and driving my replacement car (which due to the excellent customer service of FFS was only 15 days later).

It really made me more empathetic to my own injury clients’ claims of anxiety and emotional distress after a crash.

Caeruleus11, Shack, RamsHmb and 4 others like this.
  16. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    I remember a lifetime ago, in London in the mid 90s, a friend of mine and I were coming out of a club at 3am plastered out of our minds. He decided to run across the street after some random girl, got hit by a passing car, and went flying about 50ft down the street. First thing he said a couple of weeks later when he came out of his coma was 'what happened?' once he got the answer to that question the second thing he said was 'I'm invincible, let's go party!' True story.

I'm not suggesting you take the same attitude, but perhaps there is a healthy mental place you can find between the two extremes where you enjoy you cars without fear, understanding that what happens next time you drive is completely disconnected from the causal arrow of your past experience, and what happened then has no bearing towards the future ... in short, it's time to get back on the cavallino. :)

Caeruleus11, Thecadster, KenU and 5 others like this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    @italiafan what happened to you, are you okay ?

italiafan likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Oh I’m fine, walked away with a few bruises and abrasions…nothing more. Thanks for asking.
    Not really “scared” to drive…been out wracking up miles in my 911 GT3 and Corvette convertible. Just for some strange reason I’m a little turned off to driving my Speciale or 812GTS too much (my two remaining Ferraris). I really haven’t connected with the GTS like I did with my ‘19 812 SF.

19. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Ah ok ... I misunderstood that there was some sort of trauma resulting from your accident that pushed you away from the joy of driving in general.

I'm glad that's not the case, and you got a free soulsea anecdote out of it. :)

20. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    I have put 4000kms on the 812 gts in 1 summer. Brings a huge smile to my face. Go enjoy it with the roof down on a sunny day, early in the morning with no traffic. That should bring a smile to your face especially in a world that’s fairly upside down. Some horse therapy.

Caeruleus11, RamsHmb, JTSE30 and 2 others like this.
  21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Really sorry to hear about the accident. Loved seeing the pics of your GTS. I adore mine and was hoping the same for you. Glad to read that you are well and the accident didn’t take too much of a toll.

italiafan likes this.
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Glad you are OK. The other cars you have will provide what you need for the time being. The GTS and SF are essentially the same car so normal to not be very excited about it. That's the problem with incrementally trading for the latest. There's a little bit of buyer's remorse that creeps in. I would stay off it for a while and then it should feel more special. If it doesn't come around then a low mileage excellent spec/condition GTS might be a good trade for a different make. Keep the Speciale though.

Caeruleus11, italiafan and ryalex like this.
  23. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I totally agree with your comment about the F12 Vs the 812.

Absolutely Spot on!

day355 likes this.
  24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Simply get back on the horse. It's an age old saying, but has proven to be true.

Completely wrecked my 488 on Spa..... But still got back in another, the minute I had a second chance. I did made me a bit more carefull though about driving fast.... So my lap times have all decreased.

italiafan likes this.
  25. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    So, to summarise thus far. Please feel free to correct my errors!

F167 - V12 N/A with no electrical assistance (Competizione derived but not chasing BHP headlines?)

More fluid/elegant design than 812 with shorter rear end

Rear light cluster to be classic and iconic

Continuation of haptic interfaces

Shorter wheelbase

Reveal 2023 - deliveries end 23?

Not numbered but expected high demand and long lead times

Price starting with 3 in all area and possibly 4 (big jump from 812 if so which started with 2 and mid 3 specced?)

Still has rear window