812 Spider | Page 20 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #476 500tr, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    The hard-top is not the best option. A soft-top would spare weight and space. More elegant for sure, too. Remember the 275 NART Spider. Another lost chance...

2. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    if I’m not mistaken the F60 America had a hardtop in either nero or carbon and it looks stunning in my opinion so let’s see it might actually look good i’m more interested in the kind of performance the car will have ( it will be a shame if it was slower than the F12 which precedes it) and how it will drive and sound

3. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Of course the car will have better performance and drive ability than the F12, we have nearly 8 years of in between. But do you really look for the best performance on a Spider or a best looking car - like the great NART? Once again, a lost chance to recreate an icon - and in that case established directly by the factory.

4. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I suppose you’re right after all the F12 TRS is one of the most stunning cars I’ve seen and it shared the F12 engine and mechanics..

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Someone mentioned driving dynamics. It’s an interesting one that. The 458 Spider was noticeably more shaky than the 488 spider. I wonder if the 812 will be like that. And if it is, how much will that matter?

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Surprised no comments yet about the engine having the new emissions requirements versus the coupe... It is coming just wait.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That subject was tossed around a lot in the other 812 Spider thread, and not sure much came of it.

How much will it affect the sound, will they find a way, will they do ITBDI etc.

At this stage I for one am not losing a single second of sleep over it. I'm sure they will make it sound great and I'm sure it will be a stellar car.

8. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Porsche recently starting adding GPF’s to their GT range of NA cars (GT3 RS, Speedster, GT4). Reviews have consistently stated that these new cars sound somewhat ‘muted’ compared to their pre-GPF cousins. I expect there will (unfortunately) be a similar impact on the the V12 unless Ferrari has engineered a way around it. My impression from the various video reviews is that some of the ‘edge’ or raspiness of the flat 6 has been lost, and is now more smoother sounding.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    My 458 spider flexed a lot over uneven surfaces. The 488 spider was better as you say, and since they have nearly the same chassis structure, I am guessing 488 was less shaky because of the better suspension which seem to absorb bumps and potholes better. The 812 I have had for a few months has amazingly good suspension, so here's hoping the spider will be fine.

It likely won't matter much for the majority of spider buyers who will be posing & cruising than thrashing it on a track like the coupe.

Bundy likes this.
  10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    i wonder what that would mean to the engine since it is expected to be same as the one found in the coupe

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Is
    The chassis of the 458 and 488 is quite different actually. The reason why it flexes much less, is because it is stiffer. The 458 Spider received a very soft suspension for this very reason compared to the Italia. The 488 Spider however, was stiff enough to receive the same suspension as the 488 GTB.

I'm sure they will use what they learned from the 488 Spider on both the 812 Spider and F8 Spider.
    That being said, I can imagine that the longer chassis and the long front end presents a different set of challenges compared to the 488, but I'm sure it won't flex as much as the 458 Spider and you won't have the steering column moving around like in the 458.

BarryK likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    So what did this turn out to be? I knew it was not going to be the 812 Spider.

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    F8 Spyder and 812 Spyder next month.

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    F8 isn't even out yet and they're already unveiling the F8 Spyder. Ludicrous.

Probably a few months later, they'll unveil the F8 VS. And then a few months after that, the F8 replacement.

15. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Next car is normaly a V6 GT mild Hybrid with a price tag below the Portofino. The F8 VS should arrive in 2 years or later. (Spyder is Lambo - Spider is Ferrari)

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's not that simple. The F8 has been delayed. The timeframe between the F8 berlinetta and the F8 Spider reveal is pretty normal if you will.

17. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You best have a read of the Ferrari history books.
    Old Ferrari were called Spyder's includeing the Daytona, it's only newer car where the name seems to have changed, but as I am old school its a Spyder to me.

of2worlds and pcht5 like this.
  18. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin

For the F8 and 812 Spider its wrong. So best is you read the new Ferrari History. Because we are talking about this cars.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #494 Wheels1, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Glad we both agree :)

Sushistar likes this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Spyder... To me it has the unpleasant sound of a bad 80's glam metal band - like when wild became wyld and guys in purple spandex with puddel hair wore too much makeup:D

dcmetro likes this.
  21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Dang...we need some pictures/renders/spy shots in this thread pronto!
    :)

22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well,
    We will be flying to Italy in just over a week for the world premiere on Monday the 2nd, so as long as they let me take my phone and say we can take photos, which is normally the case, it won't be long.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    As above, there on the 2nd, phone at the ready, provided no leaks occur before

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    10 days left and it’s “oh so quiet ....”.....

of2worlds likes this.
  25. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Please ..........fer9000....Marcel ..... someone !! A leak?! A snippet ?! A 30 micron glimpse !!!!!

C50, of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.