812 Spider | Page 62 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Look at those lovely lines in the side glass, can't wait to see the finished product. Looks to be a stunner.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    812 shall be the last V12 (only) Ferrari, based on information from my dealer next generation of V12 will be smaller due to noise (and emission) regulations and will be combined with electric motors - same concept as SF90. After 812 Spider, 812 « TDF » and 812 « Aperta » should follow next.

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s the central point ! Nowadays Ferrari is considered like a luxury brand and not like a sportcars brand.
    This concept traduce the end of the brand we like ...Cars are becoming products with programmed obsolescence, it s a fact !

4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Maybe but the PP Nautilus and Hermes Birkin are still with us 40+ years later - so maybe V12 will be too :)

If Ferrari want to be a "luxury" brand they can learn from PP and Hermes

5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Probably, but sad, so sad...

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not if the "halo" products (V12, NA etc) can survive. I believe Ferrari know these issues very very well and will adapt accordingly. A lot of the issues are out of their control unfortunately and they have no choice due to external factors.

Have faith.... :)

stavura, Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I try; i try;)

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Last I checked the Nanny State hasn’t outlawed PP watches or Birkin Bags although I can see one day that they require Birkin bags to be made of recycled vegan material. They have already set their sights on ICE vehicles as they crank out all the coming regulations

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    To make the GTS stand out Aluminio Gloss tri-strato with a bordeaux leather interior. Then a central stripe livery in Rosso Barchetta. With those standard wheels in silver and the calipers painted silver to match!

Actualizer, zooyorker and Wheels1 like this.
  10. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
  11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
  12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I am pretty sure I will go for a contrasted roof. However the contrast limit behind the seat will have to be customised as the roof panel seems too wide in my opinion to be entirely painted in a contrasted colour.
    I am awaiting a date for TM and I am sure they will come out with great proposals!

Actualizer, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    got a call from the dealer.
    They said if I spec one, I can expect it to arrive next year.
    Total number will be higher than Pista spider.
    Now, the first world problem begins.
    Either 812 GTS or SF90?
    Or none....

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    ...or how about both :)

Il Co-Pilota, R J, Shack and 2 others like this.
  15. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ideally, you get both. But if you could always choose one, I would go for the 812 GTS because you know SF90 will be around for many years to come and you know this is just the beginning of the SF90 platform and more variants are due to come.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and JackCongo like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Back in 2008 "icemanbops" here ordered a black 599 GTB with a silver roof. It was one of the first seen in this spec. His dual paint idea predated by three years the factory's own 599 GTO with a gray roof and typically a red body color as seen on their GTO press cars.
    Personally I think the GTS looks better all in one paint color. This is after all a coupe 'look' with the hardtop design instead of a cloth top for a convertible style design...

klinkman likes this.
  17. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I agree 812GTS now and wait for the SF90 platform to mature a bit to perfect the car which in my opinion also means a spider version

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill and Shack like this.
  18. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Have the same "dilemma" and decided to go SF90. I do like convertibles but like my 812SF design vs the GTS. Was hoping for a better design and am disappointed, frankly. Personally think a minimally optioned 986hp AWD Ferrari costing approx $550k is a relative bargain and would like to experience Ferrari's future architecture - now. Had the opportunity to see/sit in one (low and wide!) and a game changer for me seeing the all-glass cockpit/steering wheel digital electronics in action. Sacrilege to classic owners, I'm sure. Pictures and videos are completely misleading, as crazy as that sounds. I would never had made this decision had I not seen the car in person.

Hope you have an opportunity to see one in the flesh. Or maybe you have...:)

Actualizer, BaronM69 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Are you a US client?

20. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Finally some pictures of roof up, love it even more...possibly the best looking Ferrari made in a long time, just can’t think of anything better, howling banshee NA Ferrari V12, roof up (rear window down) or roof down....can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster likes this.
  21. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Nope. Asia.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  22. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Just placed my order with Grigio GTS spec. Praying the color is as nice as the launch photos.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Awesome, I’m going in tomorrow to spec mine and plan to choose the same colour. Did they give you more info about the colour? In pics it looks similar to some of the other silver/greys (eg. Grigio titanio) but I’m sure there is more to it....

Also, is it priced as a historical colour? Triple layer?

Any info appreciated!