812GTS Tailor Made in the works | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812GTS Tailor Made in the works

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Lagunae92, Dec 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The silver stripe is on the bridge in the middle, where the red buttons are. It’s subtle, but flows with the rest. Torn between more red stripe on the steering wheel and no silver, or small red and having the silver on the bridge.

2. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    A few thoughts and please do not hesitate to reject any of them:

I would ditch the fire extinguisher. I thought about it for my TM 812 GTS and then decided that fire extinguishers are more for the V8 cars. And I did a modern/classic/sporty theme like you.

Don't overdo the stripe on the steering wheel. Maybe just the 12 o'clock position. You've got enough details without it.

Rather than dream line on the paddles, you can paint them completely in Rosso Magma. Could be a nice touch to bring more Rosso Magma inside. Perhaps you could do that rather than the stripe on the steering wheel. That would really pop. How about Rosso Magma paddles with a silver dream line? Ohhhhhh.

Maybe do the door grabs in the same CP leather as the seats. TM tried to talk me out of it, but I'm still considering it.

Did TM show you the Superfabric Trilobato Nero as an alternative to carpet? It's a fabric that looks similar to carbon fiber. It's black and is a weave pattern. Looks cool on a more sporty theme car.

Are the shields painted? Passenger display?

JagShergill, ScottS and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    got it, thanks. had to blow it up on the big screen to see it.
    i like that silver stripe, it's a nice subtle detail.

I almost suggested doing the whole paddles in r. magma (i did that with r. tornado in my pista), but feel it's more racy than classy.
    My vote is for just the 12:00 stripe, no 6:00 stripe; there are many linear elements in the interior (midline seat stitching, under dash stripe, midline dash stripe, bridge stripe) and it may be too much with both.
    Of course, from the driver's seat, you'll only have eyes for the wheel and if you want red, get the red.

How different is CDF surrounds compared to stock? Did they render that option?

4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thank you for the suggestions. I’m back and forth on the stripe on the steering wheel. The Rosso paddles with a silver dreamline. That is a very cool idea. I may implement that with the sf90!

I didn’t see the superfabric trilobato. I have full cf, and not an ounce of carpet. I believe the floor mats are leather? I have questions for them about that…

I’ve considered the door grabs. I initially wanted a textured metal like the Omologato, but they won’t mix the CF with it, or it got lost in translation. The truth is you will ignore the CF if you had that special finish on the metal.

Painted shields and passenger display are specced.

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yes, I agree. Looks like a lot of stripe, but when driving…I do like the full stripe.

Here’s a pic of CDF surrounds:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I found it interesting that TM doesn’t deal with contrast stitching with these high end leathers. They said it’s something you do to make a standard configuration more interesting. I wonder if it will be all black or matching, and if changing the stitch type will make any difference.

7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Then I say get the whole red stripe. it's sweet.

based on the a. lucido stripe and the silver interior accents, it looks like the CDF would read darker than the standard surrounds.
    presuming I'm reading the palette correctly, i'd vote staying with standard color so that it's more unified with the other silvers.
    maybe if the stripe were CDF and the other accents were similar, CDF surrounds would be the way to go.

i remember there were a range of seat patterns and edge stitching options available. even if they won't do a power-clash, there's quite a bit of subtle customization possible.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  9. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    CDF metal definitely. We talked about that choice

I don’t remember whether we chatted about

Pelle Chiodi Di Garofano. See below. Heritage is so of the moment.

It’s a home run either way. Love the RM with livery.
    The transverse is very sporty. The thin longitudinal are nice but the transverse give it a gentleman racer.

Not sure why they push the diamond so much. I felt the same way with brilliant silver and they really pushed the diamond.

You did an amazing job! And all over the web !

Next time go for the whole experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ppg70 likes this.
  11. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Carpets in leather hold up very well and super easy to clean.
    Yes I went with CDF matte for all inner aluminium inserts and footrest including the screws.....important details to specify in the order :)
    heritage mahagoni leather is stunning but for my taste a little bit too much shiny and too much in the full context.....but of course those are personal preferences
    Pelle Chiodi di Garofano is another stunning choice as suggested by Scott

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I’m sad I didn’t go that route

Pierre - I think there is one Brunito GTS out there -

Here it is against Grigio coburn at TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLRut, Caeruleus11 and ppg70 like this.
  14. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017

Same location I guess :) but December 2019 for me
    Brunito and Coburn on Grigio GTS......and with count prestige

p.s. I can't wait to see the GTS in Brunito.....I was very tempted!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

CLRut, nimamd and Gullwing like this.
  15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Caeruleus11, Thecadster and bwshihtzu like this.
  16. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thanks. We mostly knew what we wanted, so online worked. If I had gone on person on the 17th, I’d likely still be there! I liked that horizontal livery, because there isn’t another car it works on…oh well.

The diamond wheels I prefer. I like that pop and it matches the dreamlines nicely against the CF (in the new render).

We have settled on Count Prestige Reddish Brown for now. Heritage looks interesting and unique, but I think the contrast with prestige will pop more.

Definitely will want to go in person next time.

JagShergill and ScottS like this.
  17. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Is this a good representation of the count prestige leather? On your car in some pics it looks more tan, and in some more orange. I like the orange hue, so hoping it has some of that.

18. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The leather Jennifer first showed was Fologozio or something like that. It was VERY orange. Very smooth. This is a good comparison. Thanks. A nice cognac color would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #45 Solid State, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Go all the way with leather carpets and diamond stitch on tunnel and luggage deck. Contrast stitching that matches something else. Make that leather material different than the seats but complimentary. No alcantara but can introduce some suede of same color in strategic locations but not in areas with wear. No dreamlines. Stripe should be muted and not bright contrast. Sliver wheels and standard black or silver calipers. Replace any plastic with CF. If you are doing shields which I don't recommend then they should be painted but not the big ones. Shield location is annoyingly low on the side body compared to F12.

21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    There will be zero carpet, and all leather. No plastic, all CF.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Solid State likes this.
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Was just about to say. Ditch it don't look back. Replacements are crazy expensive and the chemical compound is/was ABC and that will ruin your car after whatever fire hasn't (if you have one) not to mention they are teeny tiny. FAR better option is buying here in the US. Oh yes and NO ONE will recharge it. They have some Italian sized valve. No one will touch it.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    well, in reality, it was specced as an homage to V12s of old. I never plan to use it, other than for decoration. Still not committed to it...

24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Rosso Magma for the win!
    Especialy when you combine it with the heritage leather.
    I would be carefull not to use too much red in the interior as it will detract for the amazing leather you have chosen.
    That should be the highlight of the interior; not trying to bring the exterior inside.
    I would keep exterior and interior seperate to balance things out as both are very expressive.

day355 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yeah, kind of leaning this way. I love the stripe on my steering wheel in the 812. Maybe I will minimize it.