812GTS Tailor Made in the works | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812GTS Tailor Made in the works

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Lagunae92, Dec 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Tell us more or pictures? Different size painted shields?

Vaguely aware or a large shield like NART but the painted shields offered are larger than the enamel and one size ?

2. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Keep the stripe at the top of the steering wheel. The bottom as well would be a bit too much imho.
    Other than that, truly awsome spec.
    Bold, but still classy.

3. pfenaroli

pfenaroli Rookie

Apr 7, 2016
    Leawood KS
    Full Name:
    Pail Fenaroli
    Man, they are beautiful. I love the heritage seats with the vertical darts! I have a question for anyone who is buying/has bought a GTS. What is the lead time? I have a deposit in for about 9 months and still awaiting confirmation and a build date. Is that usual?

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    What I know is it was discussed here a while ago that Ferrari had two sizes of painted shields. The bigger one that is familiar and one in between it and the enamel one. That's all I know. If this does (or did) exist then I think it would fit better being so low on the fender. That or none at all.

ScottS likes this.
  5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Having some thoughts on the stitching. Most of the stitched areas run parallel to the silver cordura fabric. I wonder if I can use the silver stitch from the cavallino in those locations. If not, maybe the steering wheel. It’s the only stitch type of it’s kind in the car, and all other circular items in the car are silver. I thought I had read that silver can’t be used throughout.

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Was unable to do silver stitch anywhere else, which I suspected. The extinguisher still there, but went with red buttons on a silver stripe on the bridge.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

C50, Condor Man and Boots like this.
  7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is perfect synergy imo.

May the Horse be with you

Lagunae92 likes this.