84 Boxer sold for $66,000?!?! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

84 Boxer sold for $66,000?!?!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mrp_e, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

if you were in search of a true time capsule, unrestored bbi, i would say a serviced car w/ no miles is worth 125k to the right buyer.

my boxer has 9k miles on it and mine would not go for less thak 75k.

if it had 1k miles on it...it would stay w/ me until someone as crazy as i would offer me the full boat!!

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    What is sad is that people will buy a grand old Ferrari like a Boxer and then not drive it. My Boxer only had 12k miles on it when I bought it last year, and even though it has been in the shop for a major service, new clutch and de-federalizing for some of that time, I have still been able to put an additional 5k+ miles on it in a year. Drive them or suffer the high dollar consequences of not driving them caused by additional service and problems caused by non-use !

3. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    The 20-year-old car hasn't even been broken into yet at 1900 miles!! Guess the engine never saw 5000+ rpm. Incredible! I wonder how much money was spent servicing it over those 20 years. The $/mile figure should be pretty eye-popping.

4. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    That BBi was imported and converted to meet US DOT specs (as they all were) but then later sold back outside the country (Switzerland). I believe once a car has been converted and registered with DOT and then it is later brought out of the US it needs to start the process all over again which can be expensive. I bid it up to 65,100 where it sat for a few days so I thought I might end up owning it. frankly I'm relieved I don't have to potentially deal with all that DOT stuff. It did seem to be a nice car from afar though although I did not inspect it in person or have a PPI done. I'm still in the wings to pick up my $65k BBi but am waiting for the one I can't walk away from.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    msdesign, I thought you just bought that car.

Are you actually offering it, or just making a point?

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    True, car was recently aquired...In the past 15 years I have bought and sold many ferraris, I have never lost a dime, usually made btween 10 and 50,000. per car. I do get bored when there is nothing left to do on a car as my hands are like mouths that need to be fed....I do have another ferrari lined up for purchase and will probably sell that one soon after I purchase it...all in the quest to reach the end of my Tunnel where the Light shines on the only Ferrari I really Want to Keep..That is a 288 GTO. It may take a year or more but I will Get to the End of my Tunnel Vision!

7. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Just giving a little follow up to this thread, I talked to S Maman about this car and he said when they bought it, the car had dings and other cosmetic issues which they fixed, in his words " it wasn't an 80k Boxer".