85 Euro QV seems odd? | FerrariChat

85 Euro QV seems odd?

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Aug 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    https://ebay.us/wURq1A
    Just noticed this on ebay, says it’s turned 16,750 miles and beautiful car no doubt.. but I couldn’t help but notice what appears to be overspray on the underside of the rear deck lid, and the sail panel where it attaches to the rear quarter panels should have a thin bead of black urethane sealant between the two sections.. I’m probably just getting old and senile.
    88 bids so far. Rock On!:)

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Agreed. About the car, that is...Not on you getting old and senile, how would I know? But it does NOT look like it...
    Being more serious: the car has had some respray, at the very least the front louvres which are black: with the exception of Gordon's car, which came through the channel islands, all "Euro" QVs have body-colored louvres. And yes, the thin bead of black urethane sealant is a good telle-tale...

Rgds

308 milano likes this.
  3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    This is why I found it odd that the listing says “no paint work, no door dings, straight body.”

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    3 owners.

How could the seller possibly have any idea what that car was going thru 30 something years ago?

5. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Was the factory still shipping metric wheels in 1985? I thought they were done with that starting in 1984, but maybe that's US only.
    There's just a tip of one of the column stalks showing, but is that a 328/288 stalk? I thought it doesn't quite look right, looks too round, but there's just a tip showing.

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    absolutely agree. But the car is being (I feel) offered as an original no stories, low mileage 308, and it very well be.. My intent was that for anyone here possibly considering purchasing this vehicle go in with their eyes wide open. Freaking phenomenal looking car and if I was considering it I would be very grateful for someone here to point out a few items before wiring funds. :)

Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Roger that