85 Mondial QV Glove Box | FerrariChat

85 Mondial QV Glove Box

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Anthony bentley, Sep 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    Is there a manual way to open my glove box? It has always been hit and miss pushing the button a few times before opening but right now its remaining closed.

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Mixed up with a wire somewhere ? :D....
    Fuseboard...
    There is a wire (orange/white) on the right vertical white plug...the 3th from above, that comes from 3 fuse on the right side. Inside your FB it comes from right lower relais , upper connector 30 (in your case) and current directly from battery to this relais 87 (lower connector) . Can you check if you have direct current on the lower connector of your lower right relais ?!.
    Then with contact on, 3th fuse from the right and on wire 3 from above on right white plug. If so, you have to check power on your switch...from there on it goes to solenoid and then ground.
    And there is no other way to open the glovebox.

ronfrohock likes this.
  3. Anthony bentley

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    Hi Guido, no it’s always been an issue, I think it’s at the glove box end, but I will take your advice and check it out. Every thing else is working a treat with your new fuse board, I’m very happy and confident it will start after I stop for fuel, no more melting fuses!

theunissenguido and ronfrohock like this.
  4. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    You need to cycle the switch......it sits there not being used, ever and corrosion builds up on the contact. Just push the button 200+ times. It will start working again.

djs308 likes this.
  5. Anthony bentley

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    that’s how I usually do it!

6. Anthony bentley

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    Solved! I simply sprayed contact cleaner around the gap of the switch in situ (no need to remove) left it a few days and hey presto, works every time now!

afterburner and djs308 like this.