For Sale - 88 testarossa for sale -105k/25kmiles | FerrariChat

For Sale 88 testarossa for sale -105k/25kmiles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I am not sure i want to do this but a couple days ago i learnt i was going to be a father of ... twins!!!
    After this incredible excitement came the time to prepare and though i dont need to sell it i think it may be wise to sell my testarossa which i only got 5months ago...
    I am in no rush and will only sell if i get what i want out of it; otherwise it is fine.
    The car:
    1988.5 testarossa
    25k miles
    Red over tan.

As some of you know i bought the car from ferrari orlando and got it shipped to me in SF in june.
    The car had been serviced in june 2016 for $11k by Ferrari of algar.It had 24,350miles then.
    I got the car with no CATs which eventually was fixed with a pair of brand new original cats.

Over my ownership the car got:
    -full fluids done
    -radio changed
    -fuel gauge fixed
    -body throttle/idle adjusted
    -Tubi precats installed (i have the original ones)
    -full detailed by Ferrari (clay bar etc)
    -new battery prior to delivery
    -new alternator prior to delivery

To be done:
    -The windows are a bit slow which i am getting fixed. The window motor itself were changed 5 years ago ans are totally fine

The car had 3 owners and i have over 90 pages of receipts; either tim stanford in fort lauderdale or Ferrari dealerships.

The clutch is extremely smooth, second gear issues are non existent with this car. I drove several before i bought it and the clutch was so hard: not pleasant.

All the switches inside work, the glove box works,the latches to open front and rear trunk also works.

Registration is current till june 2018.

The paint is in great shape; it does have a small chip on the hood, driver door, and rear bumper.

The front spoiler although it has a few scrapes underneath it ,doesnt have any rock chips in it. The bumpers themselves have nothing.

No paint work have been done on this car.

The tyres are 80% new and so are the brakes.
    One of the wheel one the passenger side has minor curbrash.

Again i am not even sure yet i want to sell it but twins are no jokes and well its an option.

I paid 100k for the car plus 2k to ship it and over 5k of bits and pieces since i got it.
    So my price is 105k firm. Definitely not trying to flip the car. If i am to sell it at this price I would include a major detail (roughly 900$ worth which ).
    Car comes smogged for 2 years; i have test pipes, and original pre cats too...Ferrari cover and tools are with the car.
    Also have the ferrari mats.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Attached tons of pictures which highlight everything.

Again i am not in the rush at all nor in a position where i have to sell at least till those munchkins are here. Image Unavailable, Please Login

PM me for questions;) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Congratulations on the twins! Good luck with the sale.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks i appreciate it!
    I am in a good position as i truthfully don't need to sell it but twins...i know they are going to be more expensive than up keeping the ferrari;))lol

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Congrats on the twins!

I bought a carbed 308 GTS in September...and two days after, found out some similar news (but only one lol) soooo....same position as you man

GLWS hope you get your ask and it goes to a good home! I’m still debating what to do, but leaning towards sell

5. Natkingcolebasket69

I hear u! Even my wife say don't sell it; it's your dream car but kids are important.
    The car is in great shape, low mileage, cared for and well priced... Quite frankly i look at her every morning in disbelief of how gorgeous it is before going to work;)

Cva71 likes this.
  6. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    man...make those kids pay for their own college..better yet have them serve in the Air national Guard. Easiest branch, one weekend a month and they are almost guaranteed to never see a deployment in that branch (if they do would be to a hotel in Italy or Hawaii...)

-form a vet

oh and GLWS on a very nice Tes

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Thank u buddy!

8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Congrats on the twins ! Unless you need the money, or you need the garage space for a family car, it doesn't make any sense to sell the testarossa right now. Enjoy it while you can. in a couple of years your kids will be toddlers and you will have to look for a sports car that has backseats to it. And a few years after that you will be in my position that I am two years from, losing one of my garage spaces to what will be 16-year-old daughter !!
    Believe me, as a financial advisor with 26 years of experience I get the emotional response of feeling the need to move to cash now that you are going to be a father. But You've already gone through the tough part of actually buying the car and getting it into shape. Enjoy it for a while

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Good point! Will see if it sells since it is reasonably priced but if not you are totally right too!
    Appreciate the advices!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nice example, congrats on the news...GLWS!!

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Fail to mention that the car has an ANSA exhaust which is less than 2,000miles old and sounds really sweet;)

12. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    As Parnelli said in post #9.... keep the car, at least for a while. I made the mistake years ago selling a car when I did not have to - should have, in fact, kept it.

I have twins - you'll survive this, though, at times, you'll think you won't. :)

Your and your wife should check this link. It served us well....

http://www.multiplesofamerica.org/

Joel

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks! Appreciate the tip!
    We will see, i am open either way!

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Congrats on the twins:) if u don't need then$ don't sell. When u need a min to ur self and u will a lot it will be there for u to drive and when u have. Date day u n ur wife will enjoy the car together

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes for now, not in a rush; i have the sits out for a dye and a paint correction coming up. When its no longer mine someone will have a nice car whenever that is;)

16. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    you should keep the car. the twins cost more time than they do money, though certainly plenty of each. ours turned 10 last week, now they ride in our 612- you'll probably move towards a 2+2 at some point but you've got time. enjoy your car, enjoy your twins; there's nothing better.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

I hope u are right! For now i keep making it perfect; she was already nice but now im getting the dye and paint correction on it this should be almost concourse level;)

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Bump

Suzie308GT4 likes this.
  19. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Amazing and iconic

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Thank you sir!

21. Dhillonboys

Dhillonboys Rookie

Feb 13, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jas / Sanu Dhillon
    Let's cruise the streets of SF before you sell her.

Jas

22. Natkingcolebasket69

If i do;)

23. Morgan72301

Morgan72301 Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Keep it. As the father of twins myself trust me when I say you'll need that testarossa as an escape from time to time. Twins are the best though, you're blessed.