88 TR need wiring diagrams | FerrariChat

88 TR need wiring diagrams

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dsteele13, Dec 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsteele13

dsteele13 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    Livermore
    Full Name:
    Dave Steele
    Guys,
    I have an 88 1/2 Testarossa. Recently I had two wires fall out of the driver side dash and I don't know where they came from. I am just starting on this project and was hoping someone might have the wiring schematic for this car. It is possible that these wires are seat belt related as the interior lights have come on but I also have other seat belt issues that could be causing this. The two wires are pink, and yellow with a green stripe. Please let me know if anyone can help. I can also be emailed at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Dave

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You can download a copy of the late US TR wiring diagram 509/88 from All Ferraris

3. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Are the wires cut or do they have a connector/pin? The pink wire will be marked as "S" on the wiring diagrams, the yellow/green will be "GV". At quick glance here are likely locations, especially since you mentioned seatbelts:

PINK (S)
    - Passenger seatbelt ECU (center instrument panel) to retractor motor (floor console)
    - Rear heated window switch (overhead console) to fusebox
    - Front fog light switch (overhead console) to fusebox
    - Fuel reserve light (dash) to fuel level sensing unit (tank)

YELLOW/GREEN (GV)
    - Air conditioning pushbutton switch (floor console) to A.C. evaporator unit (under dash)
    - Alternator warning light (dash) to buzzer for low oil pressure/high EGT (behind fusebox

Those two wires don't share a common component however there is a GV and an S wire that go to the same connector right about where you describe: a 9-pin connector for the main instrument panel just to the left of or under the steering column. Does the alternator light illuminate when the key is on (engine off)? Disconnect the passenger seatbelt at the mouse and turn on the key--let it run the mouse then stop--will cause a "failure" to illuminate light. Does the passenger seatbelt light illuminate (with the key still on). These could be the culprits, otherwise please trace as far as you can so we have a better idea where they come from.

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    If someone needs a copy of the Wiring Harness I can email you one. Contact via this thread with information and one will be sent asap! Turbopanzer

Will be returning to a political or Indy Car forum on this sight shortly!!! :)

5. dsteele13

dsteele13 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    Livermore
    Full Name:
    Dave Steele
    302 Tim and Steve, thanks for the quick response. I was able to find the torn out wires and matched them to the right area of the wiring harness. I have not finished the project yet but the info you gave me seems to be spot on. Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers,
    Dave