Sold - 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Sold 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Shamile, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Too late

Shamile likes this.
  2. Marco silva

Marco silva Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marco silva
    Good day
    Did you sell this fine car?

Shamile likes this.
  3. 5859

5859 Rookie

Apr 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hess
    :(:eek:

Shamile likes this.
  4. Phoinix

Phoinix Rookie

Apr 19, 2020
    Just checking in again as there's no comment or indication from the owner that the car is sold??

Shamile likes this.
  5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #155 Shamile, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    It's official!

MY 1991 Ferrari Testarossa has been sold!

Selling price $80,000

I only advertised the car on Ferrarichat for a very specific reason. I wanted it sold to a Ferrari enthusiast....and it was!

The new owner ( I'll let him make his own announcement) is a great guy and he has a great story for purchasing the car.

We're both of the same mindset and didn't really haggle over price. I explained that while it didn't matter how much I have put in the car or how much care I have taken with it, but it was about the miles and the market.

Question:
    Can you buy another Testarossa in the same condition and maintenance level with those miles at that price....the answer is No.

We spoke for about 40 minutes and I told him I wasn't expecting a decision. I just wanted to go over all the details of the car and the fact an "old school Ferrari " is not push a button and off you go like on a 458.

He totally understood that and likes wrenching on his Ferrari 355 and Lamborghini Gallardo. Ok....this is the right guy for the car.

Like I have said in the valuation thread, given the degrading economic conditions, you're going to see the newest Ferraris and Lamborghinis hit the market at lower prices because of all the fancy financing.

With the classic Ferraris, they're pretty much owned outright and the owners not subject to economic winds. There was no such thing as financing back then and a bank isn't going to touch a classic Ferrari.

So, when the prices drop on these cars, they're removed from the market. If you can find a deal...what's it's condition? The youngest Testarossa at 29 years old and it's more about condition, maintenance and records than a 458...which are all relatively new and in good condition.

The transaction was very smooth and the full amount was wired to me yesterday. I'm very honored by the trust.

I will be including all spares including the OEM Testarossa steering wheel and everything I have for the car.

I will also put in the new clutch master cylinder and do a full concours detail before the car leaves my posession.

I appreciate everyone's interest in the car will still say this is a great reliable car. It makes a fantastic daily driver and is a well thought out design.
    The Testarossa forum has a lot of technical assistance and if mechanically inclined, you can do most of the work yourself.

It's just after 16 years of ownership ( even forgot I originally registered the car at my GA home for a couple of years), I don't want multiple exotics anymore and the one car has to be a Lamborghini.

Cause....when the doors go up....the panties go down"

Yes, I won't be able to yell Freeze....Miami Vice! when I jump out of the car, but I won't be wearing socks anytime soon ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

....a few parting shots from over the years lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rennspeed likes this.
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Sorry I couldn't answer your post but I was in the middle of the transaction and don't play two sides at once.

If you do have some specific questions you can't find an answer for, message me and I'll do my best to help. Please ignore the fact I may not answer right away. I don't get any notification chimes for messages...just threads I'm subscribed to so I have to check periodically.

Even now speaking as a former owner, the car is rock solid and very reliable.
    Honestly, it's not that expensive to maintain inbetween major services. Things don't go wrong on the car except due to age....and you can fix them yourself...no dealership computers to plug into!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

7. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    When I grow up I want to be like Shamile.

DeathLlama and Shamile like this.
  8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Bawhahaha!

Now, that's funny!

A big "Freeze....Miami Vice!" out to ya lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

9. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Congrats, Shamile.... it seemed like a great car you had there. If timing were better I would have bought it in a heart-beat myself....but that’s life.....

Shamile likes this.
  10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks!

It was a very good transaction. Both sides came away satisfied. Right now, I'm getting it concours prepared for the new owner.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

aseweepay likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Very strong sale for the miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #162 Shamile, Apr 25, 2020
    Because it was maintained to death with records and threads on fchat. It won concours platinum awards. The miles were a matter of fact but not at all an indication of condition.

I would also add that the high miles brought my car down to 80k. There's no difference between mine and the 100k+ cars in terms of condition. I beat those low mile cars on the concours green all the time.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

flash32 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes I don’t disagree and it’s a strong sale for you. I’m happy for u. I’d put the steering wheel and vents myself;)

Shamile likes this.
  14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, I'm giving the buyer the OEM steering wheel but reccomend he keeps the 512tr wheel in place...it's much more comfortable on your hands!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    This baby is coming home to California. I’ve looked at TRs with far less miles and at the end of the evaluation the only thing some had over this car was less miles. Having such a documented and well taken care of car that was driven daily by someone who wanted everything perfect beats lower miles for the intended purchase.

This car will be driven, guilt free, for many years.

Was one of the smoothest car buying transactions I’ve done. When the owner wants to spend an hour telling you everything good and bad about the car with pictures it says a lot.

THANKS AGAIN!

Julia, mkraft3003, JPMD and 5 others like this.
  16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks!

Again, great talking and making a good transaction with you J.

Any questions or issues you may have, I'm only an email, text or call away.

I know you'll enjoy the car. It revs freely to redline and always pulls.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

JPMD, BOKE and arizonaitalian like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Enjoy !

Shamile likes this.
  18. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Do any of those "ladies" come with the car?? :)

Congrats to both buyer/seller

Shamile likes this.
  19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #169 Shamile, Apr 25, 2020
    lol!

No, but I'm sure their presence will be felt. This car has a positive energy with all the fun times it experienced with me.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Shamile

Like the girlie says..."Freeze....Miami Vice!" Image Unavailable, Please Login

Parnelli likes this.
  21. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Aw....Shamile sells his TR...what's the world coming to!?!? I miss mine since I sold it four years ago.

Shamile likes this.
  22. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Congrats on the sale Shamile! (Also to PA32Pilot for getting a great car.)

Some get hung up on the optics of miles, but in evaluating a car this old, the substance is that only three things matter:

Condition. Condition. Condition.

Shamile likes this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Well, when it came down to it, when both the Lamborghini and Ferrari were in the garage, I always went towards the Lamborghini. It's just the car I prefer.

That said, the Testarossa is the wildest standard production design from Maranello. Everything has become quite conservative since then. So when driving it, it really sticks out of norm to all the "bubble" shapes.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks!

....and that's exactly it!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

25. 5859

5859 Rookie

Apr 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hess
    Congratulations to both buyer and seller. If this would have been my No.1 color combo I woulda been all over this car. I figured if Im getting one, might as well make it the closest to my dream as possible. Was tough sitting on the sidelines looking at this FANTASTIC car and price tho. Dream find as far as history and the care it received. Thats truly the best way to buy a car, from someone that really really enjoyed it and took care of it. Buyer, you absolutely got the best car that was available at the moment or any other time in my opinion. Hopefully it gets to CA before the traffic gets back to normal and you really get to open it up on the freeway :D:D:D

Shamile likes this.