911R (Type 991) | FerrariChat

911R (Type 991)

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Sterling Sackey, Apr 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

JoeTSI and NürScud like this.
  2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

JASONZZZZZ and MTM like this.
  3. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
  4. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    sorry about the duplicate pics

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Looks great. Prices are reasonable for what the car is now, and the passing of time has confirmed that this will be the pick of the 991 range in terms of collectibility and pure driving experience.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I like em at 200-230 with a few miles on them. But with the modern 911 who knows what is next. Just look at how Porsche killed the "R" market with the addition of touring package.

I would love to drive one and when I saw an R at the NY auto show, I thought 190ish was great. I happen to be with a Porsche nut and he informed me - I'm an idiot regarding Porsche - the car was limited and completely sold out. Then off to 500,000 -1,000000

Now at under 280 I get an itch, but I can't scratch it. Maybe someday I will finally own a Porsche.

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The GT3 Touring package does help achieve the look of the 911R, but it doesn't contain details like the more weekday driver-friendly dampers, single-mass flywheel, reduced sound deadening, etc. that made the R a more raw yet usable driving experience.

Still looking for those who have one to sell!

8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I like these photos from the debut test of the car by Car magazine. Andy Preuninger said the following when asked why the car was still N/A: ‘Because there are clients who want to experience driving pleasure in its purest form,’ answers Andreas Preuninger, boss of Porsche’s GT division, without hesitation. ‘In more ways than one, the authentic, honest and transparent 911R fulfills the customers’ desire for absolute functionality. For me personally it is kind of a motorbike substitute for public roads, less so for track days.’

Still looking for the right car!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JASONZZZZZ and NürScud like this.