92 F40 @ Steve Harris | Page 2 | FerrariChat

92 F40 @ Steve Harris

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by bobafett, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Are we supposed to be impressed with a 192 mile 11 year old Ferrari?

Of course it is immaculate, but what a waste, I bet he still has plastic on his couch and lampshades...

If he had 100,192 miles on his F40, that would be impressive. John Barnes should not even allow that car on the grass at Cavallino...

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    makes me sick to think of all the work that car will need, and all the enjoyment it could have brought it's owner, but didn't...

3. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Ben, Dan,

Yes my car is a Feb '92 U.S. car. The origanal owner installed the Adjustable suspension. My car also has the Euro seat belts instead of the U.S. two part belts that run along the headliner. These 2 features along with the bigger brakes and LM wheels were the main reasons I bought this car. The Adjustable suspension, although kinda weird getting used to, makes it much more drivable in everyday life. The car has 28,000 miles on it and I drive it at least a couple times a week.

Rick

See ya on the Sunday drive!

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    This car at 28,000+ miles is alot cooler than 192 miles!

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    :) :) :) :) :)
    Thanks!
    I have always believed cars should be driven and Women should be made love to..... ;)

Rick

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Chris: You took the word right out of my mouth!

Rick: have you driven a car w/o the adj. suspension? I'm very jealous you found a 92 with it. Happy driving!

--Dan

7. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Dan,
    Yes I have. The first F40 I rode in , supposed to be the last '92 in the country, The guy dodged every little imperfection in the road, honked at anyone that got within 20 feet of us and bangeg the rev limiter on every shift. He got upset at me for driving on the freeway in 5th gear. My owners manual says it's OK to upshift at 54 MPH :) The EGT's for the exhaust were broken off and tied up out of the way. This car was tracked often. This car did not impress me..... I later heard from someone that this car has never run like it should.
    The next car I drove was a '90 that had been crashed in the rear and damaged in the front. The rear hatch was so heavy you could hardly lift it. The seats were in bad shape and it had racing belts tied in a knot behind the seat. It ran HARD! These cars talk to you.... Decided to pass for now on that one.
    The next one was a '91 with a chip and tubi exhaust. Real loud. Once again the EGT sensors were broken and tied up. This car clunked going into second gear, up or down. It was $40-50K more than the previous cars but had 7K miles on it where as the other 2 had 12-14K miles on them.
    Every time I get in one of these cars I smile for hours afterwards. They ALL talk to you. You can feel what every corner is doing. You feel the road, the steering, the gear box and the motor. They all have a story to tell.... if you listen. Really awesome!

Rick

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I think you understated it. Most people wouldn't know what a real
    Ferrari race car looked like if it fell on their head. My friend was sent by Mr Ferrari to be the factory mechanic in the US when Mr. Chinetti opened the US market. He was awakened in the middle of the night by Mr. Ferrari because Rodger Pensky had just bought a new 250LM and he was sure it was used. Rodger said the only one he trusted was Alberto so Mr. Ferrari told Alberto to fly out and take a look. Alberto looked at the car. It was dirty, rocked chipped, and the engine was streaked with oil. "That's how new Ferrari race cars look. They're finished, tested, and put on a boat." Alberto told Rodger. 192 miles. Gag me with a spoon.