92 Mondial T $35k | FerrariChat

92 Mondial T $35k

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cbreed, Jan 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #1 cbreed, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Probably hasn't had a major recently and is probably due, which is engine out service so you're probably looking at $7K minimum when all is said and done. The seller would have said when the major was done if it had been done recently. Even with that being due, I'd say $35K is a good price. I'd say it's impossible it's going to sell at $35K though. One bid only. It doesn't say reserve not met but there are many ways to make sure the car sells for what you want or not at all on ebay. Might be worth a look, though but be very leary of ebay cars. Where the heck is Livingston, CA anyway, I live in the state and I've never heard of it?

Jeff

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Have you seen it?
    Have you had it inspected by a Ferrari tech?
    Do you trust the seller with your $35,000?
    Do you want a black and grey Mondial cab?

If you can say 'yes' four times, then you'll know what it's worth.

Otherwise: It could be great. It could need $20K of work. Who knows. It sounds cheap.

Would I send $35K to some guy on eBay without having seen the car? No.

Best thing is contact the seller if the auction ends with no sale. Then you can do your homework, see the car, check the invoices, etc.

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Retail value certainly exceeds the asking price.

5. dryheat67

dryheat67 Rookie

Feb 21, 2008
    Hi, Did you ever find out what the deal was on this one?- I found it on the duPontREGISTRY.com earlier this month for $61,995-
    Interesting--- Same pics from the E-bay site. Hmmm...

6. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    I saw it for sale somewhere to, and also remember reading it had a service done .. 35k great deal in my book

7. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
    There's an ad in the March '08 duPont Registry that gives performance and production stats, but nothing in the way of service history. The ad does say it has the Valeo transmission and 16K miles. Maybe the seller intended for the eBay listing to have a reserve? Maybe he tried a no reserve auction to draw interest to the car? In either case, I suspect the real asking price is $62K, not $35K.

BTW, here's another thread about this car:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165376

8. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    find it interesting how may ebay examples of Mondial T's are supposedly going in the $35k range, and never seem to truly sell, while members on Fchat who have that example wouldn't think of anywhere below the $40's, even with a major needed.

I know, and I have one for sale right now, that ANY Issues that come out of the PPI would be negotiated off the asking price, period and I have mine listed at a price above that amount. These cars are in the 40-60+k range, and therefore, this $30ish range is a flag for caution.

the 348/355 scenarios are great engines, but ONLY if maintained well, and are the most expensive models of this era to maintain. There are NO bargains in Ferraris. You get what you pay for, and I say you are well below market listing for that model, SO....you will pay more for fixing it later....

might save some if you are a DIY like some here, but I'm not one of those. IF you are, then perhaps you can have a better hack at it.

9. luigibosco

luigibosco Karting

Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
    I saw that ad and fell in love with that car. I would have checked it out immediately if I was in the CA area but as I'm not really looking to buy, and am in NY...But the car is listed as manual - which is what I want; how did you guys figure it to be a Veleo? You can't see the pedals...or lack of.

BTW, I like the 92's and 93's spicifically because they have three point seatbelts in the rear!

10. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Seller changed the description to remove the Valeo comment, which it seems difficult to determine as you say: I say it probably is not.

Didn't know that about the later editions of the T as to 3-point rear belts. Interesting.

11. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Am I missing a relist? The OP post about the Ebay add looks like it closed and sold at $35k in Jan (Jan 29th?).

Was this a real sale? New owner an FChatter?

James in Denver

12. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'd have to assume the owner was the high bidder on that one.

13. CPak

CPak Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    S.FLorida
    Full Name:
    Cyrus
    did anyone ever find out what happened w/the sale of this car? and what was the story on it? it probably needs the the major service soon...

14. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    With the upgrade/maintenance refinements that I've done to Rachel up to this point, she'd not leave my garage for less than 50k. Maintained and tuned by EUGENIO, Rachel is trouble and fear free.

When these cars are properly sorted, they are worth the money. True "honest deals" are few and far between. Beware of "steals" as the next buyer may be the next mark.

15. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    true. was recently offered equiv of 53K USD for my coupe. The offer was unsolicited and they had to walk away empty handed. Top examples are keepers - and I'm actually looking for another in similar condition.