928 s4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

928 s4

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Edward 96GTS, Nov 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I put the Vredesteins on. They work fine-- much better than the almost 30 year old Goodyears that were on the car-- and I think look okay as well. The 928 with 15 inch wheels came originally with Pirelli P6s, so the Vredestein isn't that different from that. And given that the roads around here aren't the best, I think I like having a bit more rubber.

tritone likes this.
  2. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Okay, much as I love my 928 (and I do love my 928), $1.9 million for the Risky Business car?

BJK likes this.
  3. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pandemic pricing for toys is absolutely crazy.

4. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There is an original owner 5-speed 928GT on BaT right now which is at $80k, and probably headed above $100k. Low miles, one owner, compete documentation, excellent color combination-- checks all the boxes.

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    928GT sold for $100k, and I actually think it was kind of a deal.

6. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Now this is amazing!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-porsche-928-36/

I'd love to have it, but I would like to be able to drive my 928, and I just don't think I could see risking this one on the roads that much. And that interior probably needs sheepskin seat covers over it to preserve it if you actually drove the car, but what a shame to cover up that awesome pascha!

tritone likes this.
  7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The GTS is the only variant I would entertain owning personally.. it’s all fun and games until you have to maintain it. :)

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    We'll see... I'm still learning about that. So far, mine hasn't been too bad, but then I'm used to Ferraris and Mercedes 6.3s!

vrsurgeon likes this.
  9. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Talked with 3 owners at the Petite LeMans this past week, they had the 1989 S4, 1988 with automatic, and a nice 1978 or 1979. They all talked highly of how robust the cars were. One in the S4 just got back from a trip to DC. He has over 200,000 miles. He asked one 928 mechanic what was most miles seen on a 928. The master mechanic said he had one in with over 600,000 miles. The engines are really something else. but they do say the electric problems will show up. In 1977 and 1978 we bought two , both black. I would like to have one.

donv and Pawilly like this.