News

930 Turbo Carrera

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by joe sackey, Nov 7, 2011.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That's what I thought. The 77 930 has 358 on the paint plate in the doorjamb. The mystery continues.

2. PIHP

PIHP Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2013
    UK
    randkin, cnpapa24, mrar and 2 others like this.
  3. Kevin Moodley

Kevin Moodley Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Moodley
    Hi all,
    I just purchased a tail for my 930 3.0. Currently have a 3.3. tail on and came a cross this one. However, it is a complete fiberglass (GRP) unit and has the cut outs on the top as in the pic. A bit of reading on a few other threads indicated that Porsche did make some in 1974 in fiberglass. Unfortunately I cannot find any part numbers on this...probably sanded off when repainted over the years. Anyone with info on if this could be a genuine tail? What cars would have been fitted with this? It is really well made and if not genuine a really good replica. Look forward to your views on this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. pquadrat

pquadrat Karting

Jan 6, 2015
    This one is just a repro part. 90% of the tails that show up for sale today are not the original ones. All Turbo 3.0 original ones had the metal frame.

5. Kevin Moodley

Kevin Moodley Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Moodley
    Thanks.... I also think all 3.0 came out with the metal frame.
    Guy I bought it from indicated that it was originally on his 1974 2.7 Carrera.
    I also heard that the 2 rectangular cuts outs on the lower bottom of the lid indicate that it could be the early model base that was used for a few of the 74 models. Cant believe everything one reads on the net so just checking if anyone can confirm this.

6. mrar

mrar Karting

Jul 23, 2014
    australia
  7. 959

959 Rookie

Nov 23, 2015

Hammer prices at Monteray? if anybody knows? the estimate was not too high for a restored car and a cool driver, then some wrong serious details but still a 1975 series-H, and one day Porsche Classic maybe produce the carpet aging or the new owner can score some new old stock and proper leather and get rid of the stone guards and some other small job, then the car is collector and as restore cars should be driven as all old car,

Then too true to score 4 stock fenders or stock flares from Serie-H from 76 all fenders were stamped out too 1989
    and you can see with a sharp eye, can be fixed over time, more what stop me to buy the car was the lack of documentation as service book, and general wag history and all missing small parts as stock seat belts, seat detail, all stickers here and there and much more, ok this cars hade normal wildlife, so CPR did great work to save this car for us Porsche nurds.

should be interesting to see the overspray under the car how the should hold up in a bit harder climate, seams to much paint on here on the old restore pictures that were present at the action files and that have seen before,and noo real pictures of the car before the restore or bare metal pictures but back then when the car was restored it was the way it went, nobody thought about these details as today, but as a recall CPR was asking 365,000 USD for the car back in the day? the car is more restored as F model that they do perfectly at CPR, god guys as they are.
    In the harder market, I think it very important to have all the details correct and have pictures of the car before retore and what is new and what is stock,but as I wrote probably the buyer will work on this and it is fun work, he has a good Matning number car to start with that he or she can drive and have fun within the process to get the car back 100% stock and today with Ryans book and Roadscholars new how ion series -H and some other guys as D.r Konradsheim and
    some shops in Europe the have experiences and from this nice forum and Porsche Classic that really help out when it comes to these special cars

Still, the first Supercars for the road from Porsche and not so many models have stood from 1974-1989 with very small changes over time and have always bean the flag ship for Porsche streetcars and still are.

Thanks

8. 959

959 Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    Hammer prices on the 1975 old CPR restored car?

9. 959

959 Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    And it even replicas out there with metal frames! so be careful when you buy these guys!

Fun is that 74 RS spoiler with the longer rubber lip is made in fiberglass and no metal frame as having sean on 2 cars that are stock100% what the owner informed me!

10. randkin

randkin Formula 3

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Try Brian Farmer Einmalig LLC - einmalig@einmalig.com or 714-895-6772. He is likely to have the part or know where one can be had. Had several parts which were unobtaimum for my 1977 930. Good luck:)

11. mrar

mrar Karting

Jul 23, 2014
    australia
    This is incorrect, my 77 has butt welded flares and my 79 does too.