94 days left -- anyone still betting on USF1? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

94 days left -- anyone still betting on USF1?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Dec 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The FIA being such a paragon of probity.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I do not disagree with you. But, this is PR or political stunt that is called "USF1" is only going to hurt any future attempt.

That's why I'm so upset about it. I don't think they have ever been serious - and it shows.

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    The problem with this theory is that it assumes that Santa operates within the rules of physics as we know them. But as every child who believes in Santa knows, he has magical powers beyond the realms of our physics including the ability to operate outside of our concept of time. What is one night for us is actually more like a year for Santa.
    If he operated within our physics, how would he get down chimneys and into houses that don't even have chimneys?.

As for the speed He travels at, he's the fastest thing on this planet!. Why do you think we have Santa pod Raceway here in the uk?. He comes here to test the reindeers acceleration and braking, safe in the knowledge that he'll get left alone to carry out his testing (We brits don't like to interupt people, bad form you know!).

You should see him when he runs one of his "Run what 'ya brung" days!. He'll take on anyone for fun and beat them all with just 8 reindeer!.
    You haven't lived untill you've seen Santa's sleigh side by side with a top fuel dragster at the lights and blowing the dragster into the weeds (Santa adds Rudolph to go against the top fuel boys for extra power but they still can't believe it's only 9 reindeer power!). Santa rules the roost!.

It's not called Santa pod for nothing!

So if anyone ever tells you children that Santa's not real, you tell them to be very good all year and maybe he'll invite them to the pod to see for themselves!. (If they don't get an invite they couldn't have been good enough!).

As for USF1: Total, unbelievable fantasy!

4. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Could be that Pete & Co asked Santa for a race car for X-Mas.

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Or maybe a glass frame from Costco for that Jimmy Clark poster....

6. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Now you're just being greedy:)

7. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    But if they've already been less than truthful about their F1 preparations, Santa will know and they wont stand a chance!

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The old naughty or nice rule claims another victim:)

9. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Glad that you used the disclaimer--"just for kicks."

As we say where I live . . . that is pretty thin.

My guess is that in the next 30 days, some major excuse will arise which discloses that they are off the grid in '10. Otherwise, sponsors (if they existed) would want swag and other items available for Christmas.

10. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Tick tock . . . 92 days and counting.

11. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    :)

great post, Phill

12. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

13. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    PW always said he wanted to do a "skunk works" style program. I am really hoping that means that he is going to wait until the last possible moment to reveal the chassis or any other details about the team. I want this team to make it to the grid, but I fear that they will not next year.

14. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    The silence from USF1 is deafening.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He did make a "skunk works" program. The closer you get to it, the more it stinks.

16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    #41 Isobel, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Right on target. Their senior technical advisor is about to make a move indoors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well they HAVE signed another Formula 1 reporter! That should help. (Not sure where the Croation/American connection is though?)

New is that the website will be fully functioning mid-December, they say. Oh wait! This IS mid-December.

And assembly of a car delayed by lack of an engine from Cosworth??? The car will have a couple of unique and different components, good job nobody snatched up KA before. Never realised how much he is in the Brawn/Newey class of design!!!!!!!???

They should sign on The Simpsons as a sponsor, whatever happens they are just a farce IMO.

18. Pitpass

Pitpass Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Name change for PW and company, "BSF1".

19. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Ha! Good one.

20. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I make it 50 days to the FIA tests to start, so we should be getting more and more excuses.

Glad to see that Manor have Virgin and Lloyds backing. Lotus have seasoned pilots, and Campos seems to be well along. But what do THEY know, they're doing it the old fashioned way I guess?

Do Best Buy stock the toasters? I was thinking of one for the 'ol trouble and strife, 'er indoors, say no more, nudge nudge, know what I mean?

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree. The title of this thread is misleading because making the grid is not the last milestone on the road there. First the team has to pass the FIA crash tests. Without those, the cars wouldn't be let onto the first grid.

22. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    94 days before the 2009 season I wouldn't have bet on Brawn GP. The press painted an even darker picture of their situation.

SO I SUPPORT YOU, USF1!

23. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm sure that they'll appreciate your support

three months from now when they're looking for a place on the other side of the globe to hide in shame.

Happy Holidays.

24. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    As much as I have fun with Team Windsock, I do hope they manage to get their Toyworth on the grid eventually. Go Villeneuve?, Go Lopez?

25. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

89. And counting.