959 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Sterling Sackey, Jun 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I now notice that the black seats seem to have red pinstripes. Is that original?

Here's something else, a 959 speedster! The car was turned into a speedster after it was rolled. I think they also made it optional to replace the speedster windscreen by a complete greenhouse. Chassis number is WP0ZZZ95ZHS900142 and I photographed it at the 1989 Motor Show in Essen, Germany.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Boomhauer likes this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Never seen that 959 Speedster before, thank you!
    The toy F40 reminds me that Auto Becker was also a big Ferrari dealer in the 1980's. He seemed to be on good terms with Mr. Ferrari and got early build new Ferrari models like the 288 GTO and Testarossa.

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I've visited Auto Becker a couple of times. They were also the driving force behind an annual car concourse in Düsseldorf as well as the Auto Welt magazine.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I digged a little further and if the internet is correct, there were only three 959s originally painted black:
    - WP0ZZZ95ZJS900248 which has a plain black interior, built in November 1988
    - WP0ZZZ95ZJS900203 which has an all tan interior, built in January 1988
    - WP0ZZZ95ZHS900106 which has a black interior with red piping and built in November 1987. So this must have been the car displayed at the Motor Show Essen in 1987.

Bu the way last Friday I had a PPI done on a 2006 Cayman at the largest Porsche Classic Center here in The Netherlands. The showroom was packed with classic Porsches and what do you know, there was a black 959 as well! Turned out though that it was a non original repaint. I didn't take pictures, but the interior looked like this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and of2worlds like this.
  6. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Porsche posted a 6 part YouTube series showing a sympathetic restoration of the second place 1986 Dakar finisher (PD4).

Here's the last one in the series, including comments from Jacky Ickx:

7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    anyone know who owns the 959 in Laurel Cannon that sits outside under a tarp?

of2worlds likes this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    NO idea; Patrick Dempsey?

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Are you sure it's a 959, and not a 911 modded to look like a 959?

10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    No, not 100%, I'm going back this weekend. It's a famous musician's house, he has the money so it makes me wonder.

11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    was that the kicker with 1/2 a foot? you trying to say it's a long shot? pretty funny :)

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Jaredsalinsky

Jaredsalinsky Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    Guys I have a pretty cool car and I’m looking to get a valuation of this 1 of 1 custom build. It was built by a porsche mechanic in buffalo in the early 90’s. Apparently he traveled to Germany twice to meet with porsche engineers to get this car correct and perfect, and there is a tremendous amount of paper and photographic documentation illustrating this unique and rare creation. Actually I am still in touch with the builder! Although he is retired now. He sold it in the mid 90’s to my neighbor, who then sold it to me a few years ago.

In short it is an ‘89 turbo motor with under 25,000km, on a modified ‘77 chassis, covered by Getty design 959 body. G50 tranny, gorgeous custom engine and engine bay work, welded in roll cage, Recaro A-8 seats upholstered in the 959 pattern and colors, and many other pearls of unique automotive expertise.

Now I can already hear the porsche purists complaining….and I’m not advertising this as one of Porsche’s original 959’s. Rather, this is scary fast, stunning custom car, with the divine eye-watering beautiful 959 body.

Based on this short narrative, let me know a ballpark figure my fellow Porsche/automotive enthusiasts think this car is worth, if sold in the open market.