992 Battery | FerrariChat

992 Battery

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by montegoblue, Jul 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Well, battery died on my 992 4S. Took 3 weeks to get one from Germany. Cost —> $2600 plus !!! Glad warranty paid for it , geez. Still in shock over price for a battery, mind you it was the li-ion one (I have rear wheel steering). Lasted 2 years on a car with 28k miles that I daily. Maybe rear wheel steering not that appealing, although I must say it makes the car super tossable. First world problems

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    buy the extended warranty.

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Is there an after market alternative when you are out of warranty? Asking for myself as I have a ‘22 992 TTS.

4. montegoblue

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Apparently not, it was hard enough finding an OEM one… none in the whole country, pretty appalling. Goes against the mantra of the 911. Guess it will have to be babied with the Ferraris :), time to find the tender …

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well I guess I can hope that by the time my warranty has expired there will be a after market alternative. But in the mean time I put all cars on a Ctek except my DDS so to maintain the batteries.

6. montegoblue

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Mine is a daily, have put 28k miles on her without a glitch. Never gave me issues until this. Think 2-3 years tops for these batteries in the best case scenario. Still guess will start plugging it in if don’t drive her when out of town. Never have had to do that with a daily Porsche. Would love to hear others experience, hope mine was an isolated issue and that’s why warranty paid for it ?

7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have never had any battery problems, other than normal ware life with any of my DD Porsches but those I don't DD I have had problems. Hence my non DD get a CTeck and the DDs don't. That has worked well for a couple of decades since employing this strategy. I have had pretty good luck with batteries getting 5+ years out of them for both the DDs and the non DDs using a CTeck charger.

FYI before I went to the CTeck chargers I had mixed results, some good and some not so good with other chargers. The Ferrari charger for my 612 OTO car (I think a cheep CTeck) quit on me and I had to get a new battery and I then up graded the CTeck to their best one and no problems since the upgrade several years ago. So I guess the answer is don't cheep out and get the bottom end of the CTeck line like Ferrari apparently did as their OEM charger.

montegoblue likes this.