992 vs Portofino, which is sportier? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

992 vs Portofino, which is sportier?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by coolhandshin, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Never sampled the 991.2 Turbo S but a couple of times came close to trading my Cali 30 on 991.1 Turbo S cabs ... each time, after extended test drives in the Turbo, which I thoroughly enjoyed, as I love 911s and it really is a superb car, I got back in the Ferrari, drove away and after hitting the on ramp and listening to the car thought, "What, am I crazy? I can't trade this car." It's really about more than the speed and performance at a certain point, the Turbo was certainly faster but you can't use that performance on the street (and keep your license).

RamsHmb and tomc like this.
  2. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    First of all, the entire car buying experience was very special. Our sales advisor and dealer were incredible to deal with and they spent a lot of time making sure everything was perfect on our car. They then organized a factory tour for us in 2019 when we were in Florence on holiday. As far as the car goes, it’s an exceptionally easy car to drive and is easily a daily driver. The technology is way better than what I was expecting, yet in sport mode it’s a beast. But the best part is the feeling I get every time I open the door, sit inside, and push the start button...pure magic.

SilverLeaf likes this.
  3. Cali T HS

Cali T HS Rookie

Sep 12, 2020
    Zurich Switzerland
  4. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    The 992S can't more than a few months old...did you buy it after the California and decide it doesn't meet your expectations?