A “250 GTO” in Texas Italian Motor Gathering | FerrariChat

A “250 GTO” in Texas Italian Motor Gathering

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Yosh1No, Oct 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Hello guys, just now I saw several people upload a “250 GTO” pictures on Instagram. Even I am an amateur, but I’m quite sure this is a replica, because this car plate should wear on 250 GTO 3757GT, the legendary 250 GTO owned by Nick Mason. However, when I search pictures about 3757GT, I found the real one doesn’t have the shield badge in both sides, and lots of 250 GTO don’t too. Why? I think maybe because Ferrari used shield badge on each side after 250 GTO, but for some 250 GTOs, for example, 3851GT and 3987GT, a shield badge can be found on their sides, are they went back to the factory later to add the shield badge? Or only some 250 GTOs have the shield badge initially for some reason? Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    For contrast, this is the genuine 250 GTO with 250 GTO number plate, I notice it doesn’t have the shield badge in both sides. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+ likes this.
  3. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    So the shield badge will be the yellow of Modena, the tricolore stripe on top of Italy, the Cavallino Rampante (Prancing Horse) honoring young Enzo's WWI pilot friend Francesco Baracca and lastly, the letters 'S F', connoting Scuderia Ferrari (Ferrari Team).
    And the S.F. is the key.
    The 250 GTO's that displayed those badges in period were cars owned and entered into races at the time by the Ferrari factory team.
    Many GTO's raced in period. Only a precious few of them wore the shields as factory team cars entered into those races.
    Hope this helps.

375+ and Texas Forever like this.
  4. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Thanks for your reply! That’s really help! BTW do you know which model began to use the shield badge in both sides? I used to think it is Dino because it is the first Ferrari which manufactured with a large number, but seems I am wrong.

5. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #5 kare, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Pics are bad but usual mistakes make me think this is an Allegretti copy. 6689 is an almost identical fake.

6. Yosh1No

Yosh1No Karting

May 10, 2021
    Haha I just realized the bad quality, maybe I don’t click the “use the original picture” this time. However, you can see a lot of pictures of this “250 GTO” on ins with the tag 250GTO, seems lots of people go there to have a visit.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    rob lay likes this.
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was presented by Renown Restoration who are in TX so you could probably ask them for the s/n. Surely someone took a pic of the chassis plaque on the firewall, but I didn't see it in view on any IG pics or on YT videos.

Yosh1No likes this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Lusso123 and rob lay like this.
  11. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    rob lay likes this.
  12. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Fake... No value.

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    THANK YOU to the mods that finally moved this to the replica section.

Marcel Massini

rob lay and turbo-joe like this.