A battle with Ferrari of Ontario. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A battle with Ferrari of Ontario.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tbakowsky, Jul 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
  2. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    If he can prove they had agreed to pay for it yet won't release the car, then call the cops and report the car stolen.

Or, just set up an escrow account.

Ken

3. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    I AM NOT DEFENDING foO AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTANDTHE REASON FOR THE GENTLEMEN TO BE UPSET.I HAVE HAD 4 FERRARIS SERVICED BY THEM.I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM,BUT DID CALL FNA REGARDING MY GAS GAGE ON MY NEW 360.IT TOOK 2 YEARS TO GET FIXED WHICH I FELT WAS BS WHEN I PAID 150,OOO FOR A NEW FERRARI.IT APPEARS THAT IF YOU DON'T MAKE SOME WAVES WITH FNA OR THE DEALER THEY KINDA LETS THESE THINGS GO ON FOR EVER.I AM DO FOR A BELT CHANGE AND LIKE TO KEEP WITH A DEALERSHIP DOING THE MAINTANCE FOR RECORD PURPOSES AND RESALE.IS MY THINKING WRONG ON THIS POINT . DOES IT OR DOES IT NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.ARE THERE ANY GOOD INDEPENDENTS SHOPS THAT CAN SERVICE FERRARIS IN TORONTO? IT BOTHERS ME WHEN I SEE A POST LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT PUTS DOUBTS IN ONES MIND.I DID BUY A 328 FROM REMO SIGHT UNSEEN.WHEN THE DEAL WAS MADE AND IF I DID NOT LIKE THE CAR OR HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT I COULD RETURN IT .FULL REFUND.BEST FERRARI I HAVE HAD . NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT.I HAVE CALLED THEM WITH MANY QUESTIONS ON MY 360 AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS RESPONDED.JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH TO THIS THREAD.

4. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Fortunately you liked your 328 and didn't want to return it, because if you did, I'm sure it wouldn't have been easy. Nothing is easy from FoO, unless you are on Remo's A-list.

5. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

Vanny has had 4 Ferraris serviced there; that's an A list guy in my book.

Ken

6. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I know people that have purchased far more than 4 Ferrari's from FoO that are hardly treated like A-list at Remo's dealership.

7. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Tom, I sent you an email as well. I don't know the laws of Canada too well but here in the U.S. I had an issue with a dealer and a non Ferrari manufacturer which was somewhat similar.

Step One. Write check for repairs.
    Step Two. Secure car.
    Step Three. Letter to manufacturer and dealer indicating that you wrote check under duress and based on fraudulent inducement.
    Step Four. Stop payment on check for repairs.

This hard ball approach worked for me and it has worked for one of my clients. Take care.

Mike

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I hate to be a devil's advocate, but is there another side to the story we are not hearing?

If someone, which I know there will be many, writes & gets a response from FoO, please post away. Although I doubt it will be enlightening due to keeping customer records to themselves, if anyone hears something else, please post away.

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I think that is excellent advice.

10. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Should have emailed it though. Now they'll want a certified check. Frankly, I think you have a basis of a lawsuit. They are violating Federal Law here and that's not like a small claims court thing. I'm sure other's are in your situation with these people and a class action suit would cost them a LOT more than settling up with you.

Ken

11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    $hitty situation Tom, sorry to hear it. I hope that it can be resolved. Please keep us posted of the progress.

Dealers are still living in the stone age when local customers stayed local. Today, people buy cars over the internet sight unseen(I have) and ship them hundreds of miles for service to save a few thousand(I'm in that group too).

Today if you screw over a customer, by the time someone has notified you that you're being talked about on the internet 1000's of other people and customers have read about your actions. The time for customer service has come and ALL businesses should consider themselves notified. Have crappy customer service? Good for you, but you won't be seeing my money. Competitors are starting to figure out that if you take care of your customer they tend to reciprocate(shocker, eh?). I was a Mercedes guy for a long time, but Lexus won me over and I'm a sworn believer. I've never been treated better than by the Lexus dealer and like Jimpo1 noted, I know more than a few Ferrari to Lambo converts. Now, when's a Gallardo Spider coming out?

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

From what I understand, the customer's lawyer was told that the job would be covered and to drop the car off at the dealer. Now as far as the excate wording of the conversation beteewn the lawyer and FNA I really don't know. But I assume they said it would be covered. If not, why would they have installed the manifolds and then tell him they have not recived the autherization? Why would a dealer do a job like that only assuming that they would be reinburst by FNA? I would think that they would hold off on installing them, until they had solid comfermation. This is the sticking point with myself and the owner of the car. I just can't understand it.

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

It's a legit question.

The other side to the story is a car with an 8 year federal emissions warrenty covering exhaust manifolds, and it's printed right in the warrenty booklet for the car, is not being covered by the company who wrote the book, and by a company who is not follwing the law. The owner of the vehical has only done what any owner would do. Take the car to have the warrenty carried out as per the law. The car is stock and has only 21k on the clock. The car has always been maintained and it is in wonderful condition. Thats only otherside.

14. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I agree, why would the dealer put themselves in this position.
    It seems the owner should have had it spelled out on the work order that
    the work was being done under warranty.
    Hopefully, this is a misunderstanding and everything will be worked out.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    maybe its time to put a call into the EPA, DOT. i'd bet they take it pretty seriously. get those guys involved and FNA will wish they had fixed it no questions asked.

16. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Great idea if Canada wasn't out of their jurisdiction.

Although, the beauricratic Canadian equivelent could do wonders... nah.

17. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If it were here in the States I would be contacting someone to find out if it is in fact law that they cover the manifolds. If so the Govt might be interested to know that FNA and the dealer are breaking the law!? There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Excellent suggestions..I will speak to the owner tomorrow, and if nothing has been resloved, then I will go in this direction..Thanks..never even thought of that.