A belated Hi and Thanks | FerrariChat

A belated Hi and Thanks

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by rjp80s, Jan 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
  2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Although mine is a 3.2 I always thought the black qv bumpers are more "in period" and the black side molding on yours ties it all together.

paulchua and rjp80s like this.
  3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Welcome Rick!

paulchua likes this.
  4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Welcome Rick and congratulations on your purchase! Have fun and safe miles with it! They are great cars for shorter and long journeys :)

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Welcome Rick and your QV....first delivered in France ? Yellow front fog ligths...
    Did this car have an other BIGGER Airco pump (looking at the pictures posted in an other threath) before or did it have an turbo or compressor system installed at the air intake ? This can explain the transformation at the air intake scoop.

Guido

6. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
    Hi Guido,
    As I understand, the car was imported new into the US in 1984 (see pic of plate below). I'm not sure why the yellow foglights, but being imported from France would be a good explanation.

The only modifications that I know have been done to the car are: a smaller momo steering wheel, 348 wheels, and a custom exhaust made by ATS Exotics in Dallas (I have all the original parts except the steering wheel). ATS are the guys who built a turbocharged 700hp 308 http://www.retromodmag.com/features/beautiful-beast and also purchased the black Mondial coupe that was for sale recently. They may have modified the air intake in my car for some reason, but I know there was never a turbo or compressor installed. I'm researching the history of the car so I'm going to ask them.

Cheers,rick
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Guid

7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I'm afraid these are not the original yellow lenses :) but a repro and that's perfectly fine. The real French lenses are more more yellow like below of an original French Mondial.

8. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
    Excellent, thanks for the info. I'm guessing a previous owner installed them for the 'cool factor'.

9. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I think the front side marker lights are US spec, the Euro ones are not as wide. Are there rear side marker lights, red ones, as well? That would be typical for US models, the Euro's I think only had the front markers.

The yellow fogs do look good.

10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Yup, in Europe we only have front indicator lights on the fender and the do not burn when the city or headlights are turned on. Also the euro ones are more slim then the US spec.

I do like yellow too! especially on the pre 3.2 models!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
    Yes, they installed the US spec side markers on import I believe. The car is definitely a Euro spec car. The odometer is in KMs etc. The yellow fog lights are Cibie btw.

12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Do you have more pics of your nice Mondial for us to share? :) I like TAN interior!

You can check you VIN here to see where it originates from. The VIN on the door pic is a bit unreadable.
    http://www.red-headed.com/vin_decoder.html

Cibie was the supplier of this indeed in those days. On the later Mondials only the headlights was Cibie. The repro says Cibie as well as it is a simple copy.

I make epoxy lenses for the 3.2, which says Carrello :)

13. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
    Thanks for the info MvT. I decoded the VIN confirming it is indeed a Euro car. I'll post pics of the interior over the weekend.
    Cheers,rick

14. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Is 100% Euro-spec car (B-market).
    Was registered in Belgium on BMN-622

Best
    Jurgen

15. rjp80s

rjp80s Rookie

Jan 24, 2017
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Rick Pleczko
    Thanks very much for the information Jurgen, greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, rick

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app