A Bobileff Daytona Restoration | Page 9 | FerrariChat

A Bobileff Daytona Restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by CarloR, Jan 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Great looking car, good colours, nice wheels too:) Perfect balance between sport and style.
    Somehow Borrani's work very well on blue Daytonas.
    Not to nit-pick, but is the right rear bumper aligned properly? Something didn't look quite right there somehow, at least to me.

I wish it were in my garage!

2. toddtim

toddtim Rookie

May 4, 2010
    Lubbock, Texas
    Full Name:
    Todd Timberlake
    Gorgeous car, gents! That's the stuff dreams are made of right there! You guys did a stellar job...almost brings a tear to my eye seeing an old weathered (to say the least) slice of history being brought back to its original (or undoubtedly better) splendor! Cheers!

3. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The customer drove this car for a few hundred miles back East, then shipped it here to our show room in San Diego. It is now here for sale. If anyone's in the area, you're invited to stop in and see it!
    Gary Bobileff

4. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Does the car come with a tool roll, manuals, spare tire etc.?

5. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The car has a freshly rebuilt Borrani and a new XWX for a spare, no books or tools.
    Gary Bobileff

6. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Hi Gary,

Out of curiosity, do Borrani wheels require periodic maintenance and are they prone to frequent flat tires? Also, what would be the relative cost per wheel to restore/rebuild?

7. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Other than Borrani's being labor intensive to clean, they are beautiful, but fragile on a high horsepower car. Stainless spokes help the wheel strength tremendously. But, they are not nearly as strong as a cast/forged wheels. But, they sure are pretty!
    Gary Bobileff