A/C Gaskets and general use gaskets. | FerrariChat

A/C Gaskets and general use gaskets.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by dm_n_stuff, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I've spent some time now trying to find air conditioner compressor gaskets for my Dino without luck. My mechanic has cut some by hand, but they leak, so it's off to Dave's manufacturing plant to plot a solution.

Turns out my die cutting presses will cut gaskets just fine. Problem is, they are designed to make 100's or 1000's at a time, not just a couple of dozen.

But my cause is good, so I'm going to make them anyway.

Apparently there are two gaskets involved, and I'm gonna make a couple of dozen, as my mechanic would like some for problem cars they service. these will be exactly to spec size, cut by machine, no hand cut sloppy crap.

Anyone else have gasket issues with their old cars that I might be able to solve? I'm going to do a gaskets good for A/C only at this time, becasue that's the material I'm going to get. Approx 2mm thick, oil/freon and high pressure resistant.

If anyone else has a similar problem; A/C loses its freon, refill every 6 months or whatever, let me know, maybe I can gang your requirement up with mine.

We'll approach other gaskets as the need arises.

Dave.