A F430 Scud as my 1st Ferrari? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A F430 Scud as my 1st Ferrari?

Discussion in '360/430' started by steve0601, Feb 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    Ah, you won't find that in a scud then. You might want to consider a CGT.

2. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    That might be a hard claim to defend on this board. I think raw, light and nimble are pretty descriptive of the Scud.

3. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I feel the Scud is a much better street car than the CS, the CS was much too harsh and loud for street driving IMHO. While the Scud is much more raw than the 430 I find it very acceptable on for everyday driving, which my CS never was.

4. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    my first F is a Scud - bought it back in August. I see no reason not to have a scud as your first Fcar. I am 6' and 180lbs, the seats are firm but comfortable to me -

good luck with your search!

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I guess I'll add my two cents here, having or having owned cars that have been altered to give the best performance, I have to say that for 95% of drivers the 430 would be just as good a car as a Scud, and it does offer more creature comforts. You say your a beginner, does that mean to have little experience driving perfomance cars? It has been over thirty years since I drove in races in my 20's and my reflexes are not as sharp as they once were, and both of my current perfomance cars are a handful, at least the way I like to drive them. My advise, drive a 430 coupe turn the switch and remove all the nannies, and see if that gives you a thrill, and see if you can handle the car. You might find the 430 works just fine, and will save yourself some bucks as well.

6. steve0601

steve0601 Karting

Oct 22, 2009
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Thanks Paul, You are my size exactly and this will be my first Ferrari...

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    So why have you avoided answering any questions about what cars you have owned or your skill as a driver. You seem to know very little about something you're thinking of spending over 200K on. I'm sorry you might be for real, and if you are you might want to be more forthcoming. Going from a Lexus to a scud, might make you look good, but I'd increase my life insurance policy first.

8. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    You can handle it just fine. Keep the car in sport mode. Just keep in mind the tires on the car are somewhere in between a summer tire and a track tire. This means when it rains, its easier to hydroplane than on most street tires so keep the speeds down if the roads are wet and with any sports car if the temps go below 40F you want to take it easy because the tires will not properly heat up.

I would get the Scud over the standard 430 if it is a choice- its just that much more thrilling.

9. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    No not at all. Of course it depends if you knwo how to drive at all to begin with? I would not put a 16 year old girl in a scud if she has never driven a sports car before but most guys can handle no problem. I mean of course merely driving it. Now to drive a scud at speed and to limits only a handful of people are qualified. If you chose the Scud, which you should, go to a driving school at your local track to ghet used to your car.

10. Santi

Santi Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Javier Santiago
    Do you think seat comfort tends to be an issue for Scud owners?

11. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    If that's a primary concern for you, you may wish to look elsewhere. I've been on 4 and 5 hour runs without complaints. It's more comfortable than a GT3 if you can use that as a point of reference. I don't like the tech-fabric they use, but it keeps you planted better than Alcantara.

12. Santi

Santi Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Javier Santiago
    No concern at all. Thanks for the info =)

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #38 ylshih, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    I don't think it's a primary concern; just an observation. I agree that the general seat shape is very supportive and as good or better than GT3RS seats; however, the tech fabric netting seems to generate some pressure points (for me). If I were getting in and out 30 minutes at a time, as on a track, I probably wouldn't notice; if I'm driving to or from an event and it's been a longer, I tend to squirm a bit.

14. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I like the full on alcantara seats. I find the car to be comfortable as well. Its not a cushy comfortable, its the comfort you get when youre driving a sports car that is SOLID. What a machine. I highly recommend it.

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson

No. It's still a car at the end of the day.

16. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    I really love the scud but yes the seats are not very comdortable I really dont care about this IT IS A SCUDERA!!!!
    If you want comfortable seats get a BMW or MB.

17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Hey group, I am wondering, if you are giving advise to a 15 year old. I am not sure this one is even for real, read everything.

18. steve0601

steve0601 Karting

Oct 22, 2009
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Try 15 plus 40 years old. It does seem that many posters are childish and demeaning. Thank you to most everyone for their replies. I have decided on the Scud.